This really works !!!

Options
My friend has lost 68 pounds through using this website so I signed on last week. I did well through the week and did not track this weekend so I forced myself to input all my weekend food this morning. I saw that I ate about 1000 calories more each day than I did last week because of laziness when I was at home. Even still I lost 2 pounds which is AWESOME.... I have set rewards for myself for every 5 pounds that I lose so I am hjopeful I will get my first one in the next 2 weeks. The site seems very educational and I guess the only person I would cheat is myself so thanks to the creators of the site for providing such a great resources for free...

Replies

• Jayney10
    Jayney10 Posts: 43
    Options
    Absolutely!!
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love the thinking that the only person you're cheating is yourself - I learned that early on. Yes, I ate 10 M&Ms, it wasn't 5 or 8 or none, it was 10!!!!
    Welcome aboard! If you stick around long enough, you'll meet some amazing people that have been where you are, are where you want to be and will be the cheerleaders or shoulders to lean on when you need them the most!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    well said!!!
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It does.... as I still struggle on the weekends
  • katee_x
    katee_x Posts: 5
    Options
    Im hopeing this is what will spur me on, rather then making up what youve actually eaten to everyone else you cant really do that to yourself on here.. :smile:
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So, you saw your friend losing weight in front of your eyes, and it took you this long to jump onboard? Did you think she was going through an illness or something? The body and the mind both have to adapt to less food, and it's not an easy task for all people. When you're not logging, your mind is trying to play a trick on you. Your mind is telling you that it's okay, that it's got everything under control, but it doesn't. Your body dropped two pounds of water weight to trick you into believing that not logging was okay. So, when you don't log the next weekend, and you end up gaining four pounds back, your mind will tell you to stop logging all together because this thing doesn't work. Excess fat is like a living, breathing organism that wants to live, even if it has to kill the host to do it.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    It's an awesome site - very easy to use and everyone's really supportive. Surround yourself with as many friends as you need on your journey - they will help you stay focussed - no need to cheat!!

Good luck
  • Sevanss
    Sevanss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so gald you are aboard. this site is a great way to keep you motivated. :drinker: I have made some really good friends on here that help when you feel down they push you to do better and continue on . You will have some days when you feel like you have failed but pick yourself up and keep going. It will be worth it
    :flowerforyou:
  • waterlily
    waterlily Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Way to go on your 2 Lbs!! Good luck with your continue efforts!! and also Welcome aboard!!:smile: