Has anyone had a tummy tuck after weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    haviegirl wrote: »
    I had a tummy tuck and breast lift/aug five weeks ago. I have had weekly doctor visits, plus one extra to have fluid aspirated from my lower abdomen. I also had three drains immediately after surgery, two removed at the two week mark, and the third stayed in until the four week mark. Trust me, this is not an easy recovery. The first two weeks suck. (I do know that some surgeons do "drainless" tummy tuck. Mine does not.) As in all things, YMMV.

Would I do it over again? I think so. Ask me again in a month, when my incisions are more fully healed, when I'm not wearing an abdominal compression garment and sports bra 24/7, and when I'm back up to full strength and stamina. My clothes fit very nicely already, and I do like that!

I'm really considering getting a tummy tuck next year in March. I have lost 45 pound. I have about 20 more to go. I have alot of skin on my tummy. It makes me uncomfortable and i would love to get rid of it. I'm a little nervous but i think I will be much happier. The more I lose the more skin hangs. I've also had 4 kids so that has taken a toll.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Trinan71 wrote: »
    I have allot of loose hanging skin on my lower stomach. Definitely planning a full tummy tuck. Idk if anyone is in Fl. Orlando area but I've been researching surgeons there & found a list of Orlando surgeons that are very highly rated & legit 100% & charging $2,000- $4,000 for full tummy tuck not the mini.

Who are these surgeons? I will be living in the Tampa area soon.

For real! I would gladly make a little vacation trip to FL for that kind of savings!

If you would consider traveling, you should look into Brazil. Plastic surgery is extremely common there and I was told they have more plastic surgeons per capita than anywhere in the world. I don't know anybody who has had a tummy tuck specifically, but I used to work with a woman who went to Brazil for plastic surgery and met another who admitted the same over drinks. I also knew one who went to Iran (this was a surprise to me, but it is supposedly very common and cheap there and the doctors are very well trained...or so I've been told.)
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'd be wary of going outside of the country.... even if you were able to find a reputable doctor and facility, you would need to travel home afterwards and potentially long flights, handling bags, etc. I'd also be worried about how you would pay if things went wrong, most likely the cost for emergency recovery or transfer to home for care would not be covered under insurance.
  • thepawn1
    thepawn1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing this soon, I've lost 155lbs and have a bit of excess skin as well as untreated gynecomastia from my teenage years.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    thepawn1 wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing this soon, I've lost 155lbs and have a bit of excess skin as well as untreated gynecomastia from my teenage years.

Good luck! I hope you have an easy recovery. I love mine!

• briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am debating doing this or some other type of surgery, after hundreds of pounds lost and gained and 5 kids, my tummy is a wreck. Still got 120lbs to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!