Hello!

Options
My name is Lyndsey and I just started logging today. My mom has always been telling me that the only way to really keep myself under control is to write everything down. I have tried before, but I think knowing the website is here waiting for me makes me a little bit more accountable.

I played college soccer, so I never really watched what I ate that much. Plus having a little bigger and muscular build played to my advantage. :) Now I am trying to slim down some, but I kind of have an obsession with food. I am always craving things. I know it was only my first day, but I think it went pretty well.

I was reading a lot of the posts and I think it is so awesome the way everyone cheers each other on. Keep it up everyone.

Replies

• muell302
    Options
    My name is Lyndsey and I just started logging today. My mom has always been telling me that the only way to really keep myself under control is to write everything down. I have tried before, but I think knowing the website is here waiting for me makes me a little bit more accountable.

I played college soccer, so I never really watched what I ate that much. Plus having a little bigger and muscular build played to my advantage. :) Now I am trying to slim down some, but I kind of have an obsession with food. I am always craving things. I know it was only my first day, but I think it went pretty well.

I was reading a lot of the posts and I think it is so awesome the way everyone cheers each other on. Keep it up everyone.
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Hi there, you'll love this site. I joined in January and I think it's great!!!!

You can have your own blog here too, which helps when you want to vent about this whole fitness process.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • spcoll5166
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I tried Weight Watchers but I got so frustrated with the low points I was allowed and found myself surprisingly angry with it all. It seemed to me that I was constantly reminded of what I could not do or have. I work better when I don't limit myself as long I take smaller portions and keep it within my calorie intake limit for the day. I have found that an Andes chocolate mint as a reward at the end of the day is very satisfying to me and it takes care of my "chocoloate fix" for the day.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You'll love it here & you'll find the message boards VERY addicting!! There's lots of supportive & inspiring people here!! Good luck on reaching your goals!! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, it is so awesome. I love this site so much, it is so supportive, helpful, and motivational. I just wanted to wish you great luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.