Equal Packets and such

Options
Do you log the number of Equal/Splenda/Truvia packets you consume over the day? I know they are roughly 4 calories apiece. I never have but June is a race free month for me and I really want to nail my nutrition intake since I have zero races. Not trying to lose weight, I am trying to really see how accurate my Charge 2 is for calorie burn. Thx. Also same thing for things like lettuce, coffee (obviously I weigh milk that I put in it), Diet Cokes, virtually all the "calorie-free" items we ingest.

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I do log my Splenda calories, only because I have set up as one of "My Recipes" the way I make my tea or coffee - tea/coffee, 5 % cream or skim milk and 1 packet of Splenda. So 1 coffee is about 17 cals and one tea is about 11 cals, all inclusive and thats what I log.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log them. Most days I pretty much log everything I consume except water and gum. I'm off the sodas and only use one pack of Splenda daily though, so it's easy. I like logging all types of lettuce because some of them are high in fiber and vitamin C. I want credit! :p
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I don't log them but I think you have a great idea there! I do log lettuce and other low-cal veg for the fiber.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I do log them. Just in the habit of it. I also log diet sodas, etc.
  • burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't generally log lettuce etc.
    (No experience with sweeteners)
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't log them but if its something you're worried about you can buy pure liquid aspartame or sucralose, not sure which one is in equal. That will be a true 0 calorie sweetener, the calories come from the filler since the amount used for the sweetening agent would be a few particles.

I also don't usually log greens or coffee.