What does my body actually look like?

Options
Jaspergirl423
Jaspergirl423 Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2017 in Motivation and Support
So for as long as I can remember I've had a hard time gauging what my body looks like. Even when I was thinner I remember thinking how big I looked in pictures--now when I look back I'm realizing how thin I actually was. Which makes me think I might look thinner now than I think I do!

I know I'm technically "overweight" but I also feel like I'm right on the cusp of looking like I'm a normal weight. It's just really hard for me to judge myself and I want to know what i look like to other people.

So will you tell me how much you think I weigh? If you saw me randomly in the street, would you think I was overweight, or what would you think of my body?

Thank you so much for answering my weird questions!!!

Replies

• burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pic didn't attach
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what others think? If you are okay with how you look and your health markers are good then how other people see you doesn't matter. Some will think you are fat no matter what and some will think you are thin no matter what. You have no obligation to make your body look like someone else thinks it should if you are happy and healthy.
  • spartanhollis
    spartanhollis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So for as long as I can remember I've had a hard time gauging what my body looks like. Even when I was thinner I remember thinking how big I looked in pictures--now when I look back I'm realizing how thin I actually was. Which makes me think I might look thinner now than I think I do!

I know I'm technically "overweight" but I also feel like I'm right on the cusp of looking like I'm a normal weight. It's just really hard for me to judge myself and I want to know what i look like to other people.

So will you tell me how much you think I weigh? If you saw me randomly in the street, would you think I was overweight, or what would you think of my body?

Thank you so much for answering my weird questions!!!

Not a weird question, and you are very brave. Gurl! I don't think I have the stones to do what you did. But you did it, which makes you a much stronger person than me! I am thinking about 140? Am I right?! >_<
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    I don't know how tall you are, but it looks like maybe 5'5" or so? You have a lovely shape, and I'm sure not very much to lose. I know 5-10 pounds can make a huge difference on someone who is already fairly lean, so try that and see how you feel. :smile:
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I know I'm technically "overweight" but I also feel like I'm right on the cusp of looking like I'm a normal weight.

You look slightly overweight, right on the cusp of a normal range.

I have no idea what you weigh, partly because I have no idea how tall you are. But you don't look noticeably heavy, so I'm not going to worry about the number.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    150-160? Idk, I have a hard time gauging people because I'm used to lifters so they always weigh different compared to how they look.

But ya know what, doesn't matter, I think you look good. :) I would be delighted to look like you!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I think you have around 16lb to lose.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Without a height, a weight won't really make since. If you were 6'0" I'd say you were about 180. If you were 5'0" I'd say you were about 140.
  • Jaspergirl423
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone! I'm 5'7".
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone! I'm 5'7".

Well, I think you look great and you are brave for putting this out there and asking. For 5'7" I think you have a nice toned stomach but you have a booty which I think is normal for taller girls. I'm 6'0" and my legs are the heavier part of me too and that's where most of my weight is. For 5'7", I'd say you were 145 but weight is just a number so it really doesn't matter.
  • Jaspergirl423
    edited June 2017
    Options
    No, I guess it doesn't really matter what others think. I was just curious
  • Jaspergirl423
    edited June 2017
    Options
    No, I guess it doesn't really matter what other think. I was just curious
  • Jaspergirl423
    Options
    No, I guess it doesn't really matter what other think. I was just curious
  • Jaspergirl423
    Options
    Ahh! Its not letting me type my whole reply!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ha. :wink: Don't hit "enter."
  • Jaspergirl423
    Options
    No, I guess it doesn't really matter what other think. I was just curious! I just had my third baby about 5 months ago and I'm just having a hard time adjusting. I'm also trying to figure out a good "goal" weight, since in the past it has been too low which has led to many eating disorders and all that bad stuff. I've also been lifting for the past month or so, and I'm realizing that girls who lift look thinner than girls who don't lift at the same weight. I'm just trying to feel my way through this and thought a good starting point would be finding out what my body ACTUALLY looks like.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think you're about 5'6 or 5'7" and I think you weigh about 160. If you're 5'4" I'd guess 150 lbs.

If I saw you walking down the street I'd say you were overweight, but not obese and yes I think you're not that far off from your understanding of yourself.

And yes, you are very brave for putting yourself out there. kudos.