Diabetes is knocking!

Options
Hi, my name is Rachel and I am 28 years old. I have had this app for a while but am getting back into it because I was put on diabetic pills yesterday. I hate taking pills and I'm determined to get off of them as soon as possible.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • efaison0278
    efaison0278 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. I was told I am borderline. This disease runs in my family and I'm going to break this cycle. Blessings to you and best wishes to reach your goal.
  • porcelanmermaid
    porcelanmermaid Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • racheltscott89
    racheltscott89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So today I have done pretty good with my food choice and exercising. I went to a class this morning and will be going to one tonight. I have gotten food to eat on my road trip this weekend so I'm not eating fast food all weekend. Wish me luck!
    19331953 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hope. You can do it. I did but be determined. I was so scared when the dr told me I was borderline. I immediately went on quaker oatmeal/steel oats every morning and made some changes to my food, more vegetable than anything else on my plate. You will succeed. Good luck.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution was a game changer for me. It might be something to look into.
  • ItsBetterThisWay
    ItsBetterThisWay Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't try anything extreme. Just take it one day at a time, just like a builder uses one brick at a time to build a house. Know that at some point you will have a set back however that setback is a setup for a come back. Never let your mind tell you you can't achieve anything. You will be success if you believe so and you're truly prepared to put the work in. Good look to you.