not hungry or starving

Options
It's a constant battle everyday to eat a healthy amount. Yesterday I didn't have much of an appetite and ended the day 500 calories (plus whatever I burned at the gym) short. Today I could eat the world. Could this be because I didn't eat as much as I should have yesterday? I am not sure what is different. I am really trying to avoid baking cupcakes (I recently turned 21, and have been DDYIINNNGGG to bake these strawberry lemonaid cupcakes that calls for pink champagne).

Any suggestions, advice, or is anyone in the same boat!?

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    You can cycle your calories as long as it doesn't go under 1200. It can be easier to lose weight that way. Try to even out what you should have every 3 days. For example: Day 1, under by 200; day 2, even; day 3, over by 200. Something like that, but that means only healthy food. And not too great a difference.
  • hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    Those cupcakes sound delicious! Maybe that's your mini-goal reward? As long as you follow your guidelines you listed for your July Goals: (reminder below) then use that to reward yourself. Every once in a while isn't bad.
    JULY GOALS: Drink only water or unsweat tea; Lose .5 inches for each major area of my body; focus on fueling my body by eating throughout the day and not one large meal. ; focus on myself at workouts not the people around me.

"it's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are" -anonymous
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - most probably. I definitely find that if I did not eat enough (especially after a gym workout) I am starving the next day ....it sometimes takes two days of constant munchies before I feel ok again.....
  • bettyboopo
    bettyboopo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I often find on some days i have tons of calories left and i don't know where they come from, and on other days i feel like i've eaten hardly anything and i only have around 100 left! I think it has a lot to do with the amount of exercise calories i have, i don't eat them all but because they show up as free it totally confuses me :P
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    cee134: that's a good way to look at it! I will start trying that !

hkrozez: Thanks, I almost forgot about my goals...in fact....I have reached them all. Maybe I will make me a cupcake tonight :)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have days where I could eat everything in sight. Like today:mad: So right now I am drinking herbal tea with 2 Tbsp honey and in about 30 mins will have my Kashi bar. If I am still starving tonight I will have a huge salad with dinner. Good Luck!!:ohwell:
  • Andithin
    Andithin Posts: 8
    Options
    Oh wow, I totally understand what you are going through!! I had a couple days of no cravings for anything and barely ate anything but then the hunger hit me!! you just need to regulate your diet again, thats what i did. You may just have to suffer through a day of being a little hungry and eat the right amount of calories to not go over and just stay with that for a few days and even when your not hungry, try to eat enough to where you won't be hungry the next day. plus drink water (but that is a give in for every day life). any other question feel free to ask :)
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! It's nice to know I am not crazy or having those feelings alone lol. I did end up making the cupcakes but only ate half of one, I was too tired to eat them ( I can't bake just a simple batch...oh no ! It turns into cupcake wars in my kitchen haha 6 hrs i was walking, standing,stiring etc)!!! Haha I took a few to my neighbor and the rest will go to work tomorrow :) . They turned out delish and I was actually only 100 cals short today which is great !