Good cardio workouts for weight loss?

Options
What are some good cardio exercises or workouts I can do at home for about 15-20 minutes 3-4 times a week only?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Ride a bicycle.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit for weight loss

exercise for health - choose something you enjoy.
  • bdavis1990
    bdavis1990 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You could always try a hiit (high intensity I herbal trainning) or even a circuit would work really well.
    Most hiit sessions are roughly 20 to 25 mins long and it's a great way to target fat more than slow paced steady cardio in studies. I find it more enjoyable anyway. Message with any questions
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,000 Member
    Options
    Climb stairs.
  • Mrsjones172
    Mrsjones172 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Best thing I could recommend if you want to workout at home with little to no equipment, is to follow some YouTube videos. There are loads of fitness/workout videos which range from 15 mins to 60 mins. HASFit is a good channel with lots of fitness, cardio, body-weight workout vids. You will definitely find something that takes your fancy.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,615 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like and will stick with. I like videos... kickboxing, dancing, circuits...checkout YouTube for some ideas. BeFit channel has a lot.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Brisk walking or light jogging is good. I do a 40 min run each running alternating between both.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like and will stick with...

^ That's the most important factor of all. The workout you'll do consistently is much better than the workout you hate and will skip at any opportunity.
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA ! Addicted.. so much fun & energy
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Brisk walking or light jogging is good. I do a 40 min run each running alternating between both.

This is what I do. I alternate walking and running on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes. Walk 3 minutes about 4.1 pace and run 3 minutes about 5.2 pace, repeat. It's misery, but I watch TV or a show on my Kindle and it flies by.
  • cecekay19
    cecekay19 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A variety of things. There are apps that have cardio workouts like Sworkit, Daily Workout Apps and Nike+ Training Club that you can use to mix things up. Go ride a bike some days. Go swim some days. Play basketball or soccer some days. Do a Google image search for cardio workouts and save them using Pinterest or something like it, and follow them. In short, there is a world of options, but sticking to any one will bore you over time. Do different things.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Do something you enjoy doing, otherwise you aren't likely to stick with anything and regular exercise is important for your general health and well being as well as weight management.

The act of doing any one particular exercise isn't what causes weight loss. You lose weight when you're taking in less energy than you are expending overall. I cycle a lot...I cycle when I'm trying to cut my winter fluff and I cycle a lot when I'm in maintenance...when I'm in maintenance I maintain because I'm eating a maintenance level of calories...I lose weight when I cut back on calories...my exercise doesn't really change.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You don't need cardio to lose weight. As previous posters have stated it's eating less calories than your body consumes. It's that simple.

As far as exercises you could swim you could walk, jog whatever you enjoy doing. Exercise has a lot of great benefits among them physical, mental and emotional.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    talvilaulu wrote: »
    What are some good cardio exercises or workouts I can do at home for about 15-20 minutes 3-4 times a week only?

If you just want to lose some quick weight then diet. But you'll probably gain it back and then some.

The best way to "maintain" a healthy body weight is to get the recommended 150 minutes of exercise per week and eat a well balanced healthy diet.

If you are not at a healthy weight and want to get there, it is recommended to double up on the exercise (300 minutes per week).

This will also allow you to enjoy some treats here and there, but your main diet should be well balanced healthy foods.
  • Desertcolt07
    Desertcolt07 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    HIIT...try this. 30 seconds flat out 30 seconds low effort. 20 rounds in 10 minutes should do the trick
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    HIIT...try this. 30 seconds flat out 30 seconds low effort. 20 rounds in 10 minutes should do the trick

Yes, vomiting will reduce your weight... but that's really not the sort of weight loss most people want.
  • Desertcolt07
    Desertcolt07 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

Yes, vomiting will reduce your weight... but that's really not the sort of weight loss most people want.

lol, it isnt that bad, i do it on the exercise bike after workouts
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

lol, it isnt that bad, i do it on the exercise bike after workouts

If it isn't that bad, you're not going as hard as you can...
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    bdavis1990 wrote: »
    You could always try a hiit (high intensity I herbal trainning) or even a circuit would work really well.
    Most hiit sessions are roughly 20 to 25 mins long and it's a great way to target fat more than slow paced steady cardio in studies. I find it more enjoyable anyway. Message with any questions

@bdavis1990 what is this herbal training you speak of? Sounds fun. JK
  • neilhoopy
    neilhoopy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hiit