Favorite Motivational Quotes?

Options
I like to put post-its on my mirror to remind me of my goals and to help motivate me to keep going. What are some quotes that inspire you? :)

Replies

• hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It only seems impossible till its done. :)
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Bruce-lee-quote-on-defeat.jpg
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    40-Muhammad-Ali-Inspirational-Quotes3.jpg
  • burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    From a favorite song:
    "If I don't like my life I'll gut it, rebuild it fvk it... keep nothing but God and my children. I kill the devil, wherever he resides... so even if he's hiding in me... he gotta die.
    ... one half of all the two legged on the scene are too timid to dream...cause failure is far too depressing so it seems that they take what's given... that's your decision i just don't consider that living."

And what I've made up for a mantra is:

I will break my body down ... tear myself apart ... and will emerge on the other side ... "unrecognizably better" ... a metamorphosis complete... becoming the man I desire to be... by destroying what I am now... through the suffering I will become hardened ... stronger... focussed...i will be "worth keeping" "worth loving"...

Etc. I switch it up depending on the events of the day ... the "..." are usually exactly in those spots.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I like it simple: Strive for progress, not perfection.

It helps me when I start feeling negative about having to modify with exercises or I go over a little on calories. Everything I am doing now is better than what I was doing before. I just got to keep moving forward.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    "Just keep swimming "
    - Dory
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure
  • Musaniac
    Musaniac Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @Penthesilea514 I love that outlook! I, too, sometimes get down on myself for not being able to do as much as I think I should be able to (in a workout or in terms of eating), but I also know that while I'm not a fitness guru I am definitely a lot better off than before! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • michaelputz
    michaelputz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sweat is your Fat Crying.
  • ObsessivelyObsessingObsessions
    Options
    Someone who wants to do something, will do it. Someone who doesn't, won't.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    "If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting." ~Zig Ziglar
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Here's a bunch of cycling-related quotes:

“It never gets easier, you just go faster.” - Greg LeMond

"If you go with a break, you can either win or not win. If you don't go with it, you definitely won't win." - Jens Voigt

"When my legs hurt, I say: “Shut up legs! Do what I tell you to do!" - Jens Voigt

"Ride lots" - Eddy Merckx, when asked how to become a better rider.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    "If not now, when?"
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    "If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all" Michelangelo

Definitely can be applied to staying lean and strong, looks easy but it takes a lot of work.