HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Options
cbstewart88
cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
Turned 62 today AND hit the 40 lbs loss mark! 5 more to go!!!! (It only took 14 months - LOL). But still - a great gift. Going to celebrate tonight with a nice steak and a couple of martinis. :).

Replies

• branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! And congratulations on losing 40lbs! Doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as you get there.
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! What a precious gift to give yourself! Have a fabulous day!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
  • magdadgam
    magdadgam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!
  • MichaelRow
    MichaelRow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday and congrats on dinging a new mark!
  • mcbeef29
    mcbeef29 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome! Congrats! And Happy Birthday!
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!!!!!! and congrats on the weight loss so far!! =D
    19331953 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hopeful..
    Congratulations. Great achievement. Proud of you. I'm almost 64 years old. I want to loose 33 lbs from today. How did you do it, what was your meal plan.? I can't exercise much due to artritis of both knees. I walk 5000 - 8000 steps 2/3 times a week. Enjoy your achievement & thanks for the inspiration.
  • Bloodpower
    Bloodpower Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday <3
    bltql4ydrusa.png

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! :smiley:
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    19331953 wrote: »
    Hopeful..
    Congratulations. Great achievement. Proud of you. I'm almost 64 years old. I want to loose 33 lbs from today. How did you do it, what was your meal plan.? I can't exercise much due to artritis of both knees. I walk 5000 - 8000 steps 2/3 times a week. Enjoy your achievement & thanks for the inspiration.

Hello 19331953! I haven't really had "meal plans". My aim has been to stay between 1200-1700 calories/day, make sure I am getting enough protein and "good" fats to keep my energy level up and appetite under control, and have been diligent with exercise - running on the treadmill 3-4 times per week, yoga once a week to keep me flexible and to help me recover from the running, and have recently taken up boxing. The boxing and intense workouts that accompany it are working new muscles and keeping my reflexes sharp.

I think with your knee issues - the walking is probably great for you. Keep moving any way that you can - swimming, walking, cycling. I truly think that our age (60's) - that movement and challenging our bodies in new ways is just as important as our diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!