You Know It's Time to Get In Shape When ___________

Options
OnthatStuff
OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
edited June 2017 in Motivation and Support
I know that this can be a sensitive topic, so I'll start by stating that this is meant to be fun.

To my fellas (and ladies), how many of you can remember the moment when you looked in the mirror and thought, "Enough is enough!"? You know, the moment when you looked down and realized that you needed a mirror to see what you couldn't see with your own eyes? :joy: For many, that moment led to joining this community -- at least, that's my story. And since I still have a ways to go before I reach my goals, staying motivated can be tough. To offset the round-belly blues, I find that it helps to keep a lighthearted and positive outlook.

So ... this morning, after a quick truffle shuffle (demonstration below) during my usual pre-shower morning mirror assessment, I had to laugh.

kn5620cwmke2.gif

As a guy, I thought " you know it's time to lose weight when you notice that your belly is a bit larger and rounder than usual and you're wondering whether you're eating too much or if you're pregnant." With a smile and my spirits lifted, I gave a two-hand double pat to my tummy and determined that I would eat well and crush today's workout. I later thought that it would be neat to include others in on the fun. My hope is that there's more humor out here to help make the road ahead more bearable for anyone else having a rough go at this thing.

Your turn.

Finish the following sentence with your best cheeky one liner(s):
YOU KNOW IT'S TIME TO GET IN SHAPE WHEN _____________

Replies

• mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Too many to list. But mostly because last time I took out my mountain bike I was spent fast, on a trail I considered extremely easy 2 years ago ( missed a whole year of riding to health issues).

• OnthatStuff
    Options
    @burntoutphilosopher, man, I know the feeling. You're probably just getting old. :smirk: I had a similar experience playing a one-on-one basketball game with a 17-year-old while in my late 20's (over 10 years ago). I made it through the game, but could barely move without pain for a few days afterwards. Welcome to the beginning of the end. :smile:
  • OnthatStuff
    Options
    @mca90guitar , dude, this is the story of my life every year! I have ridden a road bike to work for years now. Unfortunately, I don't do a good job of keeping my conditioning in check during the off season. I've let too many lbs slip in and feel so out of it lately.

• iwtbt170
    iwtbt170 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    When you notice your "butt imprint" in the recliner is bigger than the state of Texas!

Omg I saw this yesterday..I was like NO FREAKING WAY