GIving myself credit.

britterbrittney
britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
edited September 30 in Success Stories
Hi, my name is Brittiney and I am a recovering binge eater. (I've never admitted to anyone I'm a binge eater. It's time to put my big girl panties on and face the facts.)

My boyfriend and I use to always order pizza or chinese or go out etc when he stays at my apartment. Well, since I started eating healthy I don't order out and I eat a lot of stuff he thinks is "gross". I'm okay with this, I knew going into my journey part of the struggle was seeing him eat the foods that I love so much, but knew I needed to stay away from. That being said, I do eat one of my favorite foods (in moderation) every week because if not I WILL binge. This works for me. I plan ahead, so it isn't a binge.

Okay, so my days off are Monday-Wednesday. Yesterday he ordered pizza. Dominos actually. I don't even like dominos. I could smell it all the way in my room from the kitchen. I was so angry. Not at him. At the food. But the smell was so endearing. I didn't want to eat it, I really didn't. But for 24 years I ate whatever I wanted and hell I could eat that pizza if I wanted to. I entered a slice into my diary to see where all my numbers would be. I put my sodium through the roof. I could have ate it, one slice. But really, I didn't want to. Not only am I trying to eat healthier, I am trying to lose weight. I know myself, I wouldn't be able to just eat one. I would want two or three and a mt. dew that I had in the fridge to wash it down. Oh, and the breyers snicker icecream in my freezer.

So, I didn't eat it. There are a few slices left, but I'm not going to eat it. I overcame that desire. Sitting here even thinking about the heart burn it may or probably would produce makes me not want to eat it more.

Now here is the kicker. I made this choice. I was in control. I was in control before too. I knew what I was eating when I binged and I would feel guilty after. I was in complete control then. So, here is my first documentable NSV. And I want to say out loud (well to my fellow MFP'ers). I did it. I'm proud of myself, and I'm finally giving myself credit for what I deserve.

Ya know, this may be a small thing relative to the rest of my journey. But really, to me...for me...its BIG. I've accomplished other things in the past 3 weeks. But this is by far the most satisfying. (Probably because I grew up in NY, and we had pizza 1-2x a week)

Okay sorry for the long post. <3 you guys!!!

Replies

• This is a BIG deal lady! Congratulations and great job on avoiding temptation. Keep making that a habit and you'll get where you want to be. Woot woot!
  • Well done!

You've proven something brilliant to yourself - you are in control. You must feel so fantastic... congratulations!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    You are AWESOME!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    FANTASTIC job - that is so huge and I'm so proud FOR you and with you!!!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    super proud of u! keep up the hard work!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    You know, most people don't really understand the difference between a choice and an obligation. You are so right about these being choices and you did an awesome job. I know it's cliche, but I can't help it...you go girl! :smile:
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Great for you!! It is the little things that slowly turn your lifestyle around into something healthy. Congrats to you!!
  • rave266
    rave266 Posts: 10 Member
    great job!. Keep it up and you will reach your goal soon
  • Thrilled for you! These are some of my same struggles and the weight is coming off very slowly so thank you for sharing! Very encouraging for me.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Each journey begins with the first step..and you did that by not having the pizza. It also shows that whatever else comes you way..you do have the willpower to pull away..

Congrats!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    This is fantastic NSV! Give youself a much earned pat on the back girl!
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    That is awesome! So proud of you! And you should be proud of you too.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Great job! That is really something to be proud of!!!
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Thank you everyone :)
  • uhoh_billy
    uhoh_billy Posts: 94
    Congrats!! Such self control! I'm absolutely a binge eater too and it's so hard to just say no, even to just a little bit, because you KNOW it's not going to feel like enough!
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Way to go!! :bigsmile: The best part.....if you've done this once, you can do it again! You don't have to give in to that nasty urge ever again-you can beat it!!! <---This is coming from another former binge eater :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!