High protein snacks

Options
nichell88
nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
I eat string cheese and jerky. I also like the oscar Mayer p3 protein packs and some protein bars. What other high protein snack type foods do people like?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Eggs.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I eat Skyr Yogurt 110 cals and 21g protein for the plain. I add splenda to it and smash some raspberries in, done. If I need fat for the day I'll add hemp hearts which also add protein but not sure on how calorie dense you wish this snack to be lol
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Greek sugar free yogurt, cottage cheese, and good quality protein bars
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Low fat greek yogurt (Danon Fit and Light versions come to mind), Whey protein shakes, whey protein bars, jerky (lots of sodium in that), eggs, low fat cottage cheese), turkey, chicken, lean pork, etc.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sliced cooked lean meats, boiled eggs, crab sticks, pb2 or similar...
  • nichell88
    Options
    @Spliner1969 well I'm not going to be snacking on turkey chicken and pork, haha. I also eat light and fit yogurt for breakfast daily, so for me I wouldn't add it as a snack, but it is a great find.

@bruhaha007 you know, I can't get with the texture of cottage cheese, just can't do it. And I already do protein bars, too
  • nichell88
    Options
    @tattygun what are crab sticks?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Protein cereal, one serving of ice cream with protein powder mixed in and greek yoghurt.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I also do meal replacement shakes every day and straight protein shakes after workouts. I get between 80 to 100 grams of protein per day with these alone.
  • nichell88
    Options
    @bruhaha007 I'm not necessarily looking for ways to get more protein, I get at least 180g a day, so I'm ok in that area. I'm just looking for snack food choices other than the ones I listed because I'm tired of eating the same things
  • marissa4mueller
    marissa4mueller Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat Skyr Yogurt 110 cals and 21g protein for the plain. I add splenda to it and smash some raspberries in, done. If I need fat for the day I'll add hemp hearts which also add protein but not sure on how calorie dense you wish this snack to be lol

I've never heard of Skyr Yogurt. Do you find it at regular grocery stores?
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    @nichell88 I think it's called surimi in the states?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Some of my favorites:

Boiled eggs. (I mostly eat the egg whites and share the yolks with my dogs.)
    String cheese.
    Celery with peanut butter or laughing cow cheese.
    Corn thins with peanut butter or laughing cow cheese.
    Hummus with veggies.
    Quark (when I can find it).
    Protein power cheesecake. (Discovered on MFP forums)
    Pickle roll-ups (thinly sliced lunchmeat, a little cream cheese & wrapped around a pickle). Yum!

I'm not a huge fan of protein bars. They tend to have a lot of calories and don't really make me feel all that satisfied. I'll eat them in a pinch, but I prefer more substantial snacks.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt or skyr with cheese powder (I like King Arthur Flour's Vermont cheddar powder)

plain greek yogurt or Skyr with plain unsweetened (baking) cocoa and partially defatted peanut powder (like PB2, although I prefer Protein Plus peanut flour, which doesn't have added salt or sugar, so it's more versatile, depending on whether I want to use it in a sweet or savory dish)

eggs

cottage cheese with fresh or dried herbs (e.g., thyme)
  • a_desert_rose2007
    a_desert_rose2007 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nuts (pistachios, almonds), hummus with baby carrots, baked tofu