Arm fat. How do I lose it?

Options
I work out but for whatever reason the fat in my arms won't go away, I tend to lose weight everywhere else. I never realized my weight gain until sleeves of my jackets got tight. What target arm exercises do I need to do to get rid of it? Teas? Anything! Also there's now a lump of fat under my armpit area?? Wth! What is that? I am perplexed. I weigh 171 lbs the most I've ever weighed. Help me meee!

Replies

• Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight you'll eventually lose the fat.
    Some people see stomach fat going last.
    Some good into fat in their faces.
    Everyone is individually​ different.

Best advice, lift weights, eat well, sleep better and stress less.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I work out but for whatever reason the fat in my arms won't go away, I tend to lose weight everywhere else. I never realized my weight gain until sleeves of my jackets got tight. What target arm exercises do I need to do to get rid of it? Teas? Anything! Also there's now a lump of fat under my armpit area?? Wth! What is that? I am perplexed. I weigh 171 lbs the most I've ever weighed. Help me meee!

This is your answer, right? You can't spot reduce -- bodies don't work like that, unfortunately. So get thee on a calorie deficit. :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. Specific exercises might build muscle in specific areas, but fat comes off where your body decides. You need to eat at a deficit and lose weight, and keep losing until the fat comes off. Different people store fat in different places, and lose it in a different order. Sorry, but we all have that one place that we need to get skinny everywhere else before it budges :( Hang in there!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce - to lose weight in problem areas, you have to lose weight all over.

Strength training and toning may make your arms firm up and seem like less of an issue, so you could try that route.
  • RowanKnit
    RowanKnit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you suddenly feel a lump where there wasn't one before, you might want to have your doctor take a peek at it just to be sure. Otherwise, what everyone said up here! ^^ Unfortunately, no product or exercise will burn fat in certain areas versus others.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction doesn't work, but working out your arms (like lifting weights) will improve the appearance of the arms as you lose weight.

The arm fat itself will start to disappear as you lose weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    What's your weight lifting program? I wasted years with low weights and high reps.

As others have said, fat may come off here last, so continue to lose weight.

See your Dr about the lump.