New (again) mom - time to FOCUS on health

Options
Cas_Wells
Cas_Wells Posts: 22 Member
Hey all

Our family just welcomed our fourth (and final) little man into our family and - yes it's early - but this is the first time I will be on a track "back to normal" (whatever that even means!!)

All my boys are under 4 so I've literally been pregnant for 5 years and have NO idea what my body will be capable of when it's time to start working out again.

For now, it's focusing on healthy eating. I would love some other mommy friends for accountability, encouragement and just to do this journey with.

Cas

Replies

• Lmac_2017
    Lmac_2017 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I only have 2, but I've been pregnant or nursing non-stop for the last 4 years. I'm ready to focus on my health now as well. I'm still nursing my youngest, but eating healthier can only benefit her, right? Lol
    I added you!
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    So true - I breastfeed as well and what we consume, they consume so it's important to be on top of our health game (I say as I eat a cheese bread because we decided on an impromptu park lunch lol) I have apples and berries as accompaniment and water ... so partial win lol
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    How old is your new one? I just had my forth as well. Now that I'm done having babies I'm wanting to get healthier and drop some lbs eventually.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Oh welcome! <3 I have 3 kiddos.
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    Kam - we just had him on Monday. So less than a week lol

My oldest turned four on may 11 so we have a tight crew of little men.

What's your range and genders
  • kam3190
    Options
    Cas my baby is 10 days old. I have an 8 year old,4year old, 23 month old as well
  • kam3190
    Options
    Oh the oldest is a girl the rest are boys
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    Kam - sounds like a fun house and congratulations on your new little man! Our youngest are just days apart - neat
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have 5, with the youngest being 6 months. I didn't start anything weight loss related until she was about 5 months. My sleep and sanity were much more important.
  • bexconlin1984
    bexconlin1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant with my 2nd (22 weeks) and just joined MFP too control the weight gain else I'll be in a terrible position by the end of my pregnancy! Going to do my first weigh in tomorrow morning... eeek! Dread to think what it might be. From here on out I'm going to be focusing on regular, small healthy meals xxx
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    Bex - what a good idea. It's important to stay on top of it but also to remember that our bodies gain what they need to (so long as we are eating well and staying active).

Each of my pregnancies saw me gain like 50-60 lbs. I lose a lot of it very quickly but then there are those stubborn pounds that seem to take forever. ... not that I REALLY know because I've never really been able to get "back to normal" with my back to back pregnancies.

Would love to have you as a buddy and encourage you through this next pregnancy (congratulations btw
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    Chef - I HEAR ya! I have to admit, I'm just starting up with MFP to usher in the healthier choices as opposed to really focusing on weight loss.

I figured it's a good community to plug into and build the habit of logging foods (even when they are poor choices) so that when it comes time to figure out what normal is for this mom bod I will have He foundation laid
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Cas_Wells wrote: »
    Chef - I HEAR ya! I have to admit, I'm just starting up with MFP to usher in the healthier choices as opposed to really focusing on weight loss.

I figured it's a good community to plug into and build the habit of logging foods (even when they are poor choices) so that when it comes time to figure out what normal is for this mom bod I will have He foundation laid

You definitely got this! Congrats on your little one!