Options
Ali_TSO
Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
Lay it on me! :)

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    http://healthydoesntmeanboring.blogspot.com/2011/06/greek-salad-dressingvinaigrette.html

1/4 c. olive oil
    1/4 c. basalmic vinegar
    1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 Tbsp garlic, minced (Image)
    1 Tbsp lemon zest
    1 Tbso McCormick Greek Seasoning blend
    1 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients well, with a whisk or shaker. Allow to sit for at least 2 hours before serving. I recommend recycling an old salad dressing bottle/jar or other tightly sealed container for storage. Shake/Stir well before serving.

Makes 10 servings

Per serving (2 Tbsp)
    Calories - 53
    Carbohydrates - 1.5
    Sugars - 1g
    Fiber - 0g
    Fat - 5.5g
    Saturated Fat - 1g
    Cholesterol - 0mg
    Protein - 0g
    Sodium - 64mg
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I have learned to love just straight Balsamic vinegar. Often I top a salad with red pepper flakes as well!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Thanks for asking about this! I tend to use salad dressings high in sodium, and I'm looking for good recipes!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have learned to love just straight Balsamic vinegar. Often I top a salad with red pepper flakes as well!

I reduce Balsamic Vinegar to take away the tangy taste. It changes out the flavor a bit also, and I've mixed it with a touch of buttermilk to make it creamy.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love just a splash or two of straight balsamic vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon juice, with some fresh ground black pepper and sea salt. But my salads tend to be pretty 'chunky'- sliced red pepper, coarsely chopped cucumber, tomato wedges, carrot chunks, sliced mushroom, celery, and fine chopped green onion- so they have a lot of flavour to start off with. All depends on what I have in the fridge, but the cucumber, tomato and sliced pepper are pretty much always there. Mmmm, now I want a salad for dinner!
  • mimi2kk
    mimi2kk Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump. I need some good low-sodium dressings as well!
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    As much as cottage cheese seems high in sodium I use it as Salad dressing mixed with spices.

1/4 cup cottage cheese as 225 sodium. That would be 56mg of sodium per Tbls. there is no salt ones but i am yet to find them.

Also if you take the cottage cheese and throw it in the food processor or blender it will make it liquid.