Need a little extra motivation today

Options
On a 12 week plan.
Friday will be 6 weeks in for me --the half way point--and I'm down about 2.2 kilos. I was hoping to be at about 3 kilos. I work out about 5-6 days a week. And today I just feel frustrated bc I feel like I wont be at the halfway point that I wish to be at come friday. Maybe I will make 2.5 kilos by Friday but still thats about 5 pounds which isn't so much.

I weigh 75.8 kg and wanted to get to 70kg by end of the 12 weeks.

In need of a little extra support today!

Replies

• Fataf99
    Fataf99 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well think about it this way.

You have been working hard and lost nearly ur goals. You could have sat on the couch and ate chocolate and been 2kg heavier by now.
    Nothing worth while comes easy - ever
  • lindsayrozynek
    lindsayrozynek Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @MacLean12 very true, I could have
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You've done great so far!! Maybe it will take you a little longer to get where you want to be, but be proud of how far you've come. Cobgrats!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    5 lbs in 6 weeks is great since you don't have much to lose. Your target should be about .5 per week. If you lose too fast you'll lose muscle instead of fat. Just kept working your plan!
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You are getting there. Many are trying to loose just one. Don't get down. Play the glad game.
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The trick is to plod on, even when the scale stays stuck ... it happens in the end! I yo-yo round a similar weight zone and totally lost it recently but getting back on MFP and logging, not just food but nutrition and movement, really helps me ... sometimes it's not just what's on the scale but noticing how much better I feel when I'm not constantly snacking that keeps me going ... I'm sleeping better, feeling bouncier and it's important to give yourself credit for these things too :)
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    There are so many things over which you have little to no control. Water retention, genetics, where the fat comes off first, time of the month, hormone levels. All of these can impact the number on the scale. You don't have much control over that number.

The things over which you DO have control are how many days you've stuck with it, how many times you've dragged yourself to exercise when you don't feel like it, how many days you've logged and come in under your goal. And in that regard, you have been a tremendous success! Like another poster said, you could've stayed on the couch, but you didn't. Going forward, focus on how many days you can be successful and take the number on the scale as a byproduct of that goal!
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you are exercising 5-6 times a week.

Is this a new activity? If so, muscle weighs more than fat. When you are reshaping your body, you can gain weight on the scale while losing inches with your measuring tape.

Does your butt feel tighter? Do your thighs feel denser? These are all wins.