What does my body actually look like?

Options
2»

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    No, I guess it doesn't really matter what other think. I was just curious! I just had my third baby about 5 months ago and I'm just having a hard time adjusting. I'm also trying to figure out a good "goal" weight, since in the past it has been too low which has led to many eating disorders and all that bad stuff. I've also been lifting for the past month or so, and I'm realizing that girls who lift look thinner than girls who don't lift at the same weight. I'm just trying to feel my way through this and thought a good starting point would be finding out what my body ACTUALLY looks like.

You look awesome for giving birth 5 months ago!
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Nope not stepping in this mine field. :laugh:

This is just like "do these jeans make me look big?"

Haha...this ^^^^. But seriously, I understand what you are trying to accomplish and have asked myself similar questions. At the end of the day, what someone else thinks should not impact your self image. The real question is do you feel healthy? Do you have energy? Are you stronger? Those the the questions. If the answer is yes then just keep doing what you are doing. If it is no, then make the appropriate adjustments until YOU feel good. Easier said than done but that I think needs to be the true measure. Goodluck!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I've been married almost 34 years and have learned never to answer the "does my *kitten* look big in this?" type of question. :)

Would never have guessed you so recently gave birth - well done you.
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No, I guess it doesn't really matter what other think. I was just curious! I just had my third baby about 5 months ago and I'm just having a hard time adjusting. I'm also trying to figure out a good "goal" weight, since in the past it has been too low which has led to many eating disorders and all that bad stuff. I've also been lifting for the past month or so, and I'm realizing that girls who lift look thinner than girls who don't lift at the same weight. I'm just trying to feel my way through this and thought a good starting point would be finding out what my body ACTUALLY looks like.

You look awesome for giving birth 5 months ago!

I missed this...yes, I never would have know you gave birth 5 months ago, that is pretty incredible.
  • trazter31
    trazter31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would say you look around 145-150. You actually look perfect to me, not overweight. :) You probably just need to "tone up" a bit but don't need to lose pounds.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I think you look healthy, voluptuous and attractive, and that any weight you were to lose from now would be vanity weight to achieve a look rather than from any health perspective. and ps i envy you your curves ! I am very straight up and down!
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options

5 months after 3rd baby? WOW! Impressed.

But here's a totally upfront and straightforward question. Why does your goal have to be a WEIGHT?
    I know that they're easy to measure and monitor, but you've already started to understand the difference that lifting can make.
    Maybe you target a waist measurement, thigh measurement or body fat percentage? All of these can get you to the look you're after, and still give you a goal to work towards, while helping you move away from weight as an absolute target.

I've been lifting for about a year now, and am the smallest I've been in years, but also nearly the heaviest. I don't even have scales in my house any more, and just go on how my clothes fit. I have my trainer measure my body fat every couple of months, which lets me know whether I'm on the right track or not.
    Moving away from weight as my goal was one of the most liberating things I've done! I used to be totally weight-obsessed as I was a cox'n for rowing, and had really specific (horribly low) weights to make for that. I needed to break away from associating a number on the scales with winning...
  • Jaspergirl423
    Jaspergirl423 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    cs2thecox wrote: »

5 months after 3rd baby? WOW! Impressed.

But here's a totally upfront and straightforward question. Why does your goal have to be a WEIGHT?
    I know that they're easy to measure and monitor, but you've already started to understand the difference that lifting can make.
    Maybe you target a waist measurement, thigh measurement or body fat percentage? All of these can get you to the look you're after, and still give you a goal to work towards, while helping you move away from weight as an absolute target.

I've been lifting for about a year now, and am the smallest I've been in years, but also nearly the heaviest. I don't even have scales in my house any more, and just go on how my clothes fit. I have my trainer measure my body fat every couple of months, which lets me know whether I'm on the right track or not.
    Moving away from weight as my goal was one of the most liberating things I've done! I used to be totally weight-obsessed as I was a cox'n for rowing, and had really specific (horribly low) weights to make for that. I needed to break away from associating a number on the scales with winning...

Very true! Thanks for saying that! It's incredibly hard for me to get away from the scale since I've been focused on it for SO LONG. I've been getting better about measuring my progress other ways, it's just a really hard habit to break! Especially since I want to get back to where I was a few years ago, but I didn't lift them, and realize I might look the same at a higher weight.