Free Donut Day 2017

Options
dlkfox
dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
So, today is National Doughnut Day and I'm trying to figure out how to wedge that free donut into my meal plan.

I went out to eat at lunch, so there's no savings there. Wondering if I should just make this doughnut my evening meal and enjoy it. Or average the fun over the rest of the week. I'll make it fit one way or the other.

How are you dealing with National Donut Day?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Can you get a doughnut tomorrow? Is it special?

Free doesn't mean good...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    I ate ice cream and fresh strawberries to celebrate.

Donuts. Not nearly as good as ice cream and strawberries.

Eat the donut if you want it. :smile:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my donut tomorrow for breakfast. It's still free because the store is running their promotion Thursday-Saturday.

That was my dessert last night. VERY good!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I'm getting my donut tomorrow for breakfast. It's still free because the store is running their promotion Thursday-Saturday.

That was my dessert last night. VERY good!

So good. :wink:
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Are there sugar free donuts? According to many of today's threads, sugar is evil. :/

What about the vegetable fat they fry it in and the FLOUR!!! Grainz are the debil.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options

I love donuts! :-) But I might put some fresh strawberries with it.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Oh, it does if it's Ben and Jerry's "Free Cone" day :):)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

Oh, it does if it's Ben and Jerry's "Free Cone" day :):)

Sorry, free doesn't always mean good.

Better?
    You have to pick your good. Doughnuts produced en masse to cope with the demand when being handed out for free probably aren't as carefully produced as the ones on other days that may have a bit more time and care behind them....imo.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I had a free donut and though at the time I was like should I?.. I don't regret it. I never eat donuts and this was a chance, and it was free.
  • orlybayu
    orlybayu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Eat the donut! Haha it's okay. Don't skip your last meal to compensate. If you go over your calorie goal for a day it will not ruin your whole week (even if you don't cut the other days). Just enjoy yourself then get back on your regimen for tomorrow/ your next meal.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers brought Munchkins. I had two :)

On Free Cone Day, the line at our B&J's stretches around the freakin' block :( so I usually don't bother.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I got donuts for work, I'm the office manager. We got them back in March. We didn't get a lot because we do it on Fridays and there's always less people on Fridays. We make it so people can cut and sample them. Lol I sampled them all, because I didn't eat any the last time. I decided to try them this time around.

I do pretty good not eating treats at work, we just have a candy bowl which I don't dip into.

I still ate a meal for dinner which put me over for the day's count, but whatever. It's not the end of the world and I don't eat pastries often, I pick where I'm willing to indulge. I guess too it's telling that I wasn't craving sugar. Oh well!!
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I skipped it. Jelly doughnuts are my favorite but I'd rather save my splurge for a dessert that I will really enjoy and not feel horrible afterwards.