You loose some, you put it back on

Options
Ade_18
Ade_18 Posts: 55 Member
Last year I managed to loose 14kgs in 3 months, I was really pleased. Unfortunately I've slowly put it all back on again and I can't seem to get any motivation to loose it again. Anyone got any tips on how to kickstart the diet and exercise again and how to make it stick?

Replies

• ItsBetterThisWay
    ItsBetterThisWay Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Trust me, everyone's been there. What was your approach to weight loss the first time round?
  • Ade_18
    Options
    I used weight watchers but then swapped for more exercise and counting calories. I think I just returned to bad habits (portions too big mainly)
  • pkeiter42
    pkeiter42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. Returned to the bad habits put on over half of what I had lost. What kickstarts it for me is just being sick and tired of the weight and gaining it. I just reach that point where enough is enough. I've been on the weight loss journey for over a year and half (I think). Lost 70+ pounds, gain 40+ pounds, now back to having lost the weight and just about at the goal weight. For me, I need the visual reminder of logging and seeing the calories. when I gained the weight, I over indulged even though I knew I was doing it and knew I was gaining weight. For some reason seeing the numbers makes the difference for me.
    If you lost the weight before, you know what works for you. Start there and don't give up!
  • Ade_18
    Options
    Thanks! That sounds just like me, I feel the need to do something about it when my stomach is busting out of my shirts! I need to stick to logging food on here I think and just get on with it!
  • Ade_18
    Options
    Thanks Angela :) all of my clothes are a bit too tight at the moment so I'll have to postpone throwing stuff out!!
  • christinecameron901
    christinecameron901 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi,that's my problem too.I will lose two and gain 4.This time I am determined to keep them off.Hope you are having a nice day. :smile:
  • bkeeley47
    bkeeley47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have put about 10 lbs back on, traveling & restaurant eating - Clothes getting tight, Will NOT buy new ones - !
    Never stopped tracking on MFP, and sinked 10K steps thru Fit bit most days, but STILL gained -!
    Think Restaurant food, especially Buffets, are a LOT MORE calories than we estimate -
    My plan is lower my Calories to 1365 & Track Carefully, eat out Very Conservatively, NOT eat back my Fit bit calories & Wear my tight clothes, until they become loose again - !
    So far, I'm 3 lbs down -
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes, some of us call it yo-yoing. Sad but true. It would be nice to make it over the hurdle and stay there. Especially as we age, it can take longer and the extra `fluff` shows up in annoying places (muffin top for me). Hadn't thought of checking Pinterest for motivation though, thanks.
  • bkeeley47
    bkeeley47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, Muffin Top - !
  • lizard21
    lizard21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This thing also happened to me last year when I've managed to loose 10 kilos in 3 months with 2 hours of exercises (cardio and strength exercises) daily, but then I've put it all back because I've stop going to gym (Big Mistake!!) and now I have only 2 pairs of pants that I fit in and it'll remain like that until I'll buy another one (when I'll loose 10 kilos, it's a reward)
  • GirlGettingFit37
    GirlGettingFit37 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have been there done that. I found the key to keep the weight off is to continue tracking and exercising daily. Take it one meal at a time and try not to beat yourself up over a day that didn't go your way. I have made peace with the scale and I don't let it dictate how I feel about myself.

You've got this and your in the right place to succeed! :)
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Been there, now succeeding quite well. Down 90lbs. Friend me if you'd like, I'll share :)
  • reachinmygoal2012
    reachinmygoal2012 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds fell in love and gained it alllll back plus extra. I'm now in the process of losing weight again. I'm really disappointed in myself but hey, life happens.