Just Started

Options
Just started trying to eat right and exercise - again! Lots of stress in my life plus mid-life changes (menopause). Any others out there with similar issues? I've been raising my young grandchildren for about a year and a half now, dealing with all of that and depression on top of that. Any advice?

Replies

• bettyboopo
    bettyboopo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have suffered with depression in the last year and it's so tough to be motivated to loose weight. I know you probably hear this all the time but exercising really does make you feel better. Since i've started i feel so much happier and motivated. Good luck with your weight loss journey :)
  • fleaglebeagle
    Options
    For a moment, I thought I was reading my own words there (apart from the menopause bit, being a bloke.).

Tips....
    Ease off the gas a little...... running your self into the ground helps no one. Absolutely no-one!
    Realise you can't do everything perfectly..... so cut your self some slack. If I get 80% of things right I'm happpy. I can repair the other 20%
    Remove your self from stressed events when they happen.. Go into another room. Literally.
    Clear down your life of clutter... a tidy house/cupboards/computer etc is a tidy (and less stressed) mind.
    Start to delegate more at home if you have family with you. Dont have an arguement... just ask for help.
    And for business....I've started using Getting things Done (GTD) Techinique and the Pomodoro Technique.
    And finally....something I've recently learnt - realise that depression is a often a direct result of stress.

Good luck