How does this app work?

Options
So I've entered in my current weight and my weight loss goals. It's given me a number of calories to eat everyday. Do I try to hit that mark or should I eat under that? How does it coincide with weightloss?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You try to hit that mark and if you exercise you eat about half of the extra calories it give you. The way this is set up is that they determined how many calories your body needs every day without exercise, then they subtract calories based on your desired rate of weight loss. The point is to hit your calorie goal to ensure you are fueling your body appropriately.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Try and eat the calories they give you. It is giving you a deficit in the calories that it tells you to eat. For instance, if you chose to lose one pound a week. It will give a deficit of 500 calories per day. 1 pound equals 3500 calories. 500 times 7 is 3500 so it will be around a 1 lb loss each week.
  • HarrisHawke8
    HarrisHawke8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Keep your portion sizes small and set goals. You'll do just fine!
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You try to eat to that number. You also don't beat yourself up when occasionally you go over that amount (it's common that people will be concerned, but until you're consistently averaging over you maintenance calories you're not going to gain weight). Depending on your starting weight, you may want to incorporate an exercise plan and eat around half of the calories back (1200-1300 cal goals are easier to endure with added exercise calories). That means, if you've got less to lose, I'd hope for your sanity that you'd set the desired loss per week to .5-1lb instead of 2. No need to torture yourself to successfully lose. Good luck.