Question of the Day- Day 4!!

ShannaB83185
ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
:heart: Question of the Day- Day 4:heart:

What's one thing you do to exercise and stay active that doesn't feel like a chore or that you don't dread doing each day?

**Me- Ok to be quite honest..... I haven't started exercsing yet. I know I need to but I can't get motivated!! I did mow my backyard last Sunday so that was a good workout but I don't do anything regularly yet. I want to start walking/ jogging but I live in Florida and its sooo freakin HOT! I thought this was a good question so maybe myself and others can get some ideas to get movin!!!

Replies

• MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Playing..and I mean hard core you-can't-catch-me playing with the little one! She's a fast little thing too! I don't know how much of a work out it REALLY is, but it always makes me feel like I've climbed a mountain!

That, and throwing around a football with the future hubs! We get outside and toss it back and forth to see how bad I suck at sports fairly often!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    i actually like to turn on one of my shows on tv and while i watch i dance, do jumping jacks, run in place etc., then on commercial i do speed cleaning . lol probably not for everyone but i actually enjoy it. lol
  • ShannaB83185
    I should try this... the thing is I don't actually get a chance to watch tv that often darn it! But I think when I do find myself sitting on the couch watching tv I will keep that in mind!
  • DANCING!!
    I got this idea from another MFP member
    I have never thought about it until she suggested it
    What a great idea...Just love it
  • JPhillips723
    JPhillips723 Posts: 3 Member
    Try ZUMBA!!!! I have yet to try it but I am going to next week. You burn close to 1,000 cals by dancing. People love it. I also love pilates. It's awesome.
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    I love the Zumba but it feels like work to me trying to keep up with the girl.. LOL (and it's actually 1000 per hour.. I don't know about you but I can't do that for a whole hour!!)

I would have to say, if I can get out and do it more often, hiking. I love the workout I get and I get to see nature at its best. And riding my bicycle. I used to do that a lot and it never feels like work to me.

But I haven't been doing much of anything at the moment cuz I haven't been feeling well.
    I'm thinking I need to get out there and walk again, even if it's around the block.
  • Whatnow50
    Whatnow50 Posts: 93
    mine is... just walking out the door with the leash... dog goes crazy and off we go to the mailbox...
    8/10th of a mile there and back, 150 calories and soooooo easy.
    Haven't consistantly done it until this week... thanks to a MFP friends idea. :heart:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Just took up biking! It's good to feel the wind in my face! I have a hard time getting up early to go to the gym, but I am looking so forward to getting on the bike tomorrow moring, EARLY.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 298 Member
    Lifting weights with my husband. We turn on some loud music and workout together. We finish with a long walk and talk. :smile:
  • brocflores
    brocflores Posts: 111
    For me I have to say anything dealing w dance! I love zumba I love salsa DVDs. I will have to say I get bored easy so I change it up. I either do zumba, treadmill, elliptical, or circuit training! You need to find something that you like to do otherwise you won't last long doing it. Don't feel alone I get stuck im those ruts where I also have a hard time getting motivated if I've been away from working out awhile. Youll get there and good luck on weigh in today!!!!
  • ShannaB83185
    I love dancing so I should really look into this. I think I might be too embarrassed to go to a Zumba class lol that's why I hate the GYM! I feel like everyone is starting at me. Not to mention the cost and time!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    I love dancing so I should really look into this. I think I might be too embarrassed to go to a Zumba class lol that's why I hate the GYM! I feel like everyone is starting at me. Not to mention the cost and time!

I'm considering buying the Zumba videos or the Wii game for that very same reason! I love to dance and shake it, but since I quit drinking almost 4 years ago, I have come to the realization that not many other people like to see me shake it...
  • ShannaB83185

I'm considering buying the Zumba videos or the Wii game for that very same reason! I love to dance and shake it, but since I quit drinking almost 4 years ago, I have come to the realization that not many other people like to see me shake it...

OMG hahaha I <3 you! Seriously I wish we lived closer you totally seem like sooo much fun!!!! hahahahaha
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    I love working out so it hardly ever feels like a chore. (There was a time I thought I'd never hear myself say that!!) But right now, I LOVE doing Insanity! It's so fast paced, and by the time you get into it, it's over. Also, I LOVE Turbo Jam, and any kind of aerobics workout. And of course, ZUMBA! One thing I hate doing and will ONLY do while watching a show is the elliptical. Just can't get into it.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member

Don't be embarrassed to go to a Zumba class! Take it from me, NO one knows what they are doing!! We all pretty much try to keep up the best we can... by shaking our bums the best we can :)
  • darthjen
    darthjen Posts: 29 Member
    Kickboxing class at the gym; the instructor is super silly and very funny. She's genuinely kind and upbeat; it's incredibly contagious. We have a blast during her class and she makes sure that we're keeping up by slowing down if the moves appear to be stressing us out. I burn 700 calories during that hour class.
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    I dance!! I just turn on my radio and dance!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Missed the question yesterday, so I'm answering it today. I would say Wii Fit, which I often don't count and it often I do it on my rest day. I also love swimming and playing in the pool. Beginning to love the elliptical (although it has taken awhile to get to that point) And I love, love, love doing 5k's. Although for the first mile I usually think 'why on earth did I do this again', but by the end I am really energized and thoroughly enjoy it.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    i LOVE to dance!
This discussion has been closed.