Bariatric Sleeve eating

carin56
carin56 Posts: 4 Member
How and what are people eating after their sleeve?

Replies

• gradedparadox
    gradedparadox Posts: 7 Member
    Still mostly doing liquid diet, but I did have some spinach stuffed mushrooms the other day. I'm three weeks post op and doing okay. Down twenty pounds so far, but I have about 80 to go still. I also enjoy soup, specifically clam chowder, but only in very small amounts. What are you eating now? Are you post op or pre op?
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Hi! Please friend me. Just started my 12 program thru Kaiser. Surgery this fall. Would love a friend who's been thru it!!
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    My chronically morbidly obese sister had this surgery about 4-5 years ago. She was very motivated and did all the stuff they required her to do in order to have the surgery.

Today, she is as obese as ever. She is simply not--never has been, never will be--fond of exercise. So many foods bother her now that she has the sleeve, she ends up eating the ones that always comforted her, and that she can digest without discomfort. Unfortunately, it's mostly refined carbs and fats.

So not trying to bring you down, just I am so sad for my sister. Unhappy before and unhappy after. It's a possible outcome.
  • HollywoodPlatinum
    HollywoodPlatinum Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Oh wow! So sorry about your sister. Thanks for discussing this. Good to know. Wish I could help your sister. Maybe we could discuss food, habits, cravings, menus, etc. I'm learning as I go.
    One thing that's hard to change is the mental part of it. You can have any Weightloss surgery but if you don't change your thinking, it won't work. Some days are hard for me. Lol.
    Wish I knew what foods made your sister sick. My breakfast this am was 3 waffles, whole wheat, with strawberries and low fat whipped topping and turkey sausage links, and I started drinking my water. It was like a strawberry shortcake. Yum! I'm just cutting calories per dietician before I have my surgery. Not sure when I'll have surgery.