Diet for SIBO

Options
I am wondering if anyone else on here is eating the diet to cure SIBO, if so I would love to be a buddy. I am just starting down this road and would love to swap tips on good things to eat

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I thought SIBO required antibiotics followed by probiotics, not a specific diet?
  • annegrose
    annegrose Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics first and then 6 months on a specific diet to kill the rest of the overgrowth. Probiotics may or may not help - jury is out with the research at the mo
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I think the protocol is antibiotics and probiotics, but for me sticking to a low FODMAP or carb diet helps. Look up Fast Track Digestion. FYI, I'm a health researcher so I definitely don't believe in pseudo science, the guy who wrote the book has a Ph.D. in Microbiology.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have had zero luck curing sibo but a low carb diet has helped a lot. probiotics should be avoided since you are adding more bacteria to the gut.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    What is the specific diet you are on? I have seen a couple similar varieties, depending on the doctor involved, is all.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have had zero luck curing sibo but a low carb diet has helped a lot. probiotics should be avoided since you are adding more bacteria to the gut.

My ND put me on these probiotics because she said they were less likely to feed the SIBO problem. She was treating me for candida but thought I might have SIBO as well but we went with the easier course first to see if that fixed me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EYD7ODK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• jw4444
    jw4444 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried a combination of rifaximin and neomycin? And does anyone know a good gastroenterologist in Los Angeles?

I haven't been formally diagnosed yet. I take my breath test next weekend, but I'm pretty sure it's methane-dominant SIBO. I am suffering the weight gain and also suffering that permanently stuffed feeling.

I'd love to connect with others in the process of diagnosis and/or healing. I've been logging for a while but I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure how to add or DM people. Looks like I'm not supposed to post my email address here.