How do you go from 300+ to 200lbs? Ugh!

Options
Hi Folks, I'm a newbie. Mid 40's and somehow scales tipped over 323 lbs. 200 lbs is the mark, need to get there, please help!
:)

Replies

• aliciabruch
    aliciabruch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One very helpful thing for me has been adding recipe apps. FitMenCook is an awesome one.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies in this forum. All is explained there.
  • Kayak_Fisherman
    Kayak_Fisherman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    Just follow along with the rest of us and you will get there. Small goals at a time make the journey achievable.

This is exactly how I am doing things!
    I am currently at 304lbs and wish to get below 200lbs, however, my next 'Target' is actually to hit 299lbs, I will be very happy that day!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You just start. It may seem like a massive thing to do, but the lbs will drop off and you'll see your goal approaching slowly, it surely....

• yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Eat less.
  • HighlandPony17
    HighlandPony17 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am 266 lbs currently and in one week on my return to MFP I have lost 2lbs mainly through short walks of 20-30 mins twice a day 7 days a week.... It will come off but you have to be very determined...... good luck.
  • HighlandPony17
    HighlandPony17 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    walk more :)
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    One pound at a time.

That sounds flippant but it is the truth. Determine your calorie goal by completing your MFP profile. Set it to lose 2 lbs per week. Eat those calories plus 50% of exercise calories you earn. After four weeks adjust your calories if you are losing too slowly or two quickly.

Best of luck to you!

This right here ^^
    Do all of this!
  • nottellingit
    nottellingit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple, really (remember, I said simple, not easy!). You tipped the scales at 323 because you've been eating too much. Eat less calories than your body burns and the weight will come off. Assuming you're 5'9 (you stated no height) and 45 years old, you burn 2,800 calories a day just by existing. I'd recommend lowering your intake to 2,300 calories a day (loss of 1 lb per week) or 1,800 calories a day (loss of 2 lb per week)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    One pound at a time.

That sounds flippant but it is the truth. Determine your calorie goal by completing your MFP profile. Set it to lose 2 lbs per week. Eat those calories plus 50% of exercise calories you earn. After four weeks adjust your calories if you are losing too slowly or two quickly.

Best of luck to you!

^This.

You just start. Start by tracking your food that you eat now.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum for how to do that.

Once you see what you're eating now, look for ways to cut back on calories, and take one step at a time.

All of us started somewhere.

I'm down 90 pounds, on my way down to 100 total lost same as you're planning, and it's just 1 pound at a time, 1 day at a time, 1 decision at a time.

Realize that this whole thing is something you'll be in for the long haul and is not something you'll mess up permanently. If you do mess up, just get back to it and keep moving forward.

Best of luck.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    How? One minute, one hour, one day at a time. Listen to all the great advice and experiences here, be honest to yourself and never forget the endgame. It's working for me so far! It will for you to. :)