Who does keto dieting?

Options
Looking for new friends who can guide me with good information, meal plans and any tips on starting keto?! HELP!

Replies

• brandilc
    brandilc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just now researching keto... prepping and such. Im tagging along here!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am on Keto. You may want to join the low carb daily group and/or the okl group. They have been very helpful for me. Hoping the best for you in your journey.
  • bombsfadeaway
    bombsfadeaway Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started Keto again on the first- I've done it before on and off with Paleo/Whole30 for the last few years. My biggest issue is that the previous times I solely focused on my carb number and not the fat or protein, so I didn't have a ton of success. Now I'm consciously doing the research and making sure I hit my percentages to give myself the best chance at making it work! First piece of advice would be to do the research and find your numbers- there are tons of websites and even a Keto app that can help you sort it out based on your height/weight/etc.

My best advice would be meal planning- actually writing out what you're going to eat on each day and sticking to it. I use Pinterest a lot to find recipes and specifically look for recipes with common ingredients to save on any food waste (so for example if I decide to have kale salads for 3 dinners in one week, I'll also make note to use the kale in my eggs in the mornings). My absolute favorite recipe is this Jalapeno Popper Chicken: http://www.auntbeesrecipes.com/2014/01/low-carb-jalapeno-popper-chicken.html

Facebook has a ton of Keto groups as well that post recipes, tips, etc. I highly recommend joining a few of those- even if you don't post, seeing that kind of stuff on your dashboard every day is helpful and motivating to stay on track.

Best of luck on your journey!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My husband does Keto. He's lost quite a bit on it. I'm totally the opposite though so cooking is not fun! There's a good low carb group here on MFP and some on Facebook. I love getting recipe ideas from the groups.
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Been on keto since March and lost 47lbs so far. My diary is open, and I'm beginning to blog some recipes after some requests. Feel free to friend.
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Chena83 wrote: »
    I am on Keto. You may want to join the low carb daily group and/or the okl group. They have been very helpful for me. Hoping the best for you in your journey.

Awesome, did not know about this. Thanks!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Yeppers, here's a link to the aforementioned group:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!