How many clothes sizes have you dropped?

Options
I was really pleased this week when I went shopping for some new work tops and was able to buy a UK size 12. I can't tell you the last time I was in a 12. When I started this journey I was squeezing myself into a UK size 16. I can tell you it felt good to be in a size that every shop stocks. I'm still a UK size 14 on the bottom and for purpose of buying a dress. But it's definitely the right direction and it encouraged me so much I bought 5 tops.

Replies

• goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was an UK 18-20. Currently at a size 12, but I have a few size 10 items now!
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started at a UK 16 in trousers. A few weeks ago went shopping and the 14s were way too snug in a certain style (other styles fit fine). This weekend I bought the 14s in the style that didn't fit previously, actually contemplated going down an extra size. I've bought a few size 10 items on top too. I think it depends where you shop. Happy to wear stuff from New Look as they're more generous, but not trying on anything in Oasis just yet!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I went from a size 48" pant waist to a 32" paint waist depending on the cut. I also went from almost growing out of a 3xl shirt, now I wear a size medium, sometimes small shirt depending on the cut. The size of my loads of laundry still baffles me over how small they are now.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I went from an 11 to a 7 jean, shirts from a large to a medium, I don't like tight shirts
  • suryoyo85
    suryoyo85 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Was a size 18 in January
    Now going on size 12!!! Woohoo
    My goal is to fit in a 10
    US sizes
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Started at about UK 28/30, am currently UK 8/10 and still have lots of weight to lose so who knows where I'll end up?
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I started as a UK26/28 at 289.5lb and am wearing a UK12 dress today at 166.4lb (and yet am still considered obese, go figure)
  • dale050467
    dale050467 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    From size 54 in pants to 32
    From size 4x in shirts to Medium
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I only dropped one size, but that's really all I needed. I'm basically just here to keep from needing to drop sizes in the future. (You know, that slow creep up in weight as you age? That's why I'm here. To prevent that.) I wear the same size I wore in high school, and it's been well over two decades since high school, so I'm pretty happy about that! B)

Good job everyone! :D
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    From 26-28 to 14-16 (US)

This is such a comfortable size because I can shop in both plus size and normal departments. I'm in size heaven right now because I've only been buying clothes on deep sales while losing weight and my cheap clothes pool has grown significantly.

The last time I was this size was at high school graduation.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I was an Australian 12 top/14 bottom for ages. At my smallest, I got down to a 6. I have put on muscle since, and my small pants don't fit past my quads, so not sure how they'd go around the waist. One pair doesn't fit past my calf muscles which I laugh about. I wear 8/10 most of the time now.
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Started out at a (UK) 18/20, now 12/14. Well, 12 top, 14 bottom, though I can actually fit in some size 12 trousers, depending on the cut.

I've never been this small as an adult - I was wearing adult size 12s when I was about, ummm, 12. I always thought 14/16 was the 'average' UK dress size but the clothes shop racks do not reflect this. I'm having trouble even finding size 12s to try on, they seem to sell out the quickest. Thought it would be easier to find smaller sizes but that's not the case. Frustrating!
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    AU/UK size 18/20 to an AU/UK 8/10. Still head to the 'plus size' section of stores before I realize I am in the wrong section!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Clothing sizes are all over the place, but based on averages, I went from a US 16 to a US 4.
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I started at a US size 13/14 pants

I now wear a US size 4 to 7 depending on brand

Shirts were xlarge or 1x and I'm now wearing mostly medium with a few large and smalls mixed in depending on the cut and brand
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Went down 2 sizes - started at US size 10-12, now a size 6-8