3rd Shift

Options
I work in a call center 3rd shift. How would you recommend I log my meals?

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Calories are calories no matter when you eat them. I'd suggest logging daily as normal. 24 hours is 24 hours.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,011 Member
    Options
    You can rename the default meals, and call them whatever you like, or assign them times as names.
  • happymomma_23
    happymomma_23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I work night shift and tend to track my meals through my shift as the previous day (I work 12 hour shifts and this is just what is easiest for me mentally). Part of why I do it is that I know I am more tired and more likely to be hungry the second day, so it just helps me space my meals to when I know I'll be the most hungry. In the end though, you just have to figure out what works best for you. It may be tracking from midnight to midnight, or how I do it (from sleep time to sleep time)...either way, it all evens out in the end :)
  • dale050467
    dale050467 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I work in a call center 3rd shift. How would you recommend I log my meals?

as accurately as possible...
  • LtGladden
    LtGladden Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    When I worked night shift and was tracking meals, I tracked them as they normally were called; lunch at lunchtime, dinner at dinnertime. My meals just generally fell later in the day than they would normally. I wouldn't usually eat anything during breakfast time (since I was headed home from work and about to go to bed) and then I'd get up, make lunch at home, pack something for dinner, a couple of snacks I could track the calories of (prepackaged-somethings) and that'd be my day. My advice for call center shifts (my work was similarly low-movement and kinda trapped in one room) is not to make trips to that snack machine. You know you have access to one! Haha! As far as tracking when your day changes to a new day, I'd pick a time that falls during your general sleep time to have your day change, as if you were sleeping at midnight and the date changed; clear as mud, right?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    just start your breakfast logging whenever your first meal after sleep is. When I worked third shift my breakfast would be more dinner style food (because i ate with my family) then my lunch was more breakfast style food, and my dinner was dinner style food. Times would be 5pm- breakfast, 2 am lunch, 7 am dinner.