Motivate me PLEASE

Options
Hi my name is Bridgit. I come to you asking for help and seeking motivation from the people that have been successful and while using my fitness pal. I've upgraded to premium to help me motivate even more I'm starting the low carb or Ketos or whatever we're calling it these days program. I honestly don't know the difference between the two or macros and micros period I am willing to learn to do this right. Send me a message I'm looking for Motivated people to help with my journey. Thanks for reading it

Replies

• G1veMeC0ffee
    G1veMeC0ffee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Bridgit, I'm doing keto. I would consider Keto to be a sub-group of low-carb. It's more strict, and it also limits protein. I did it last summer, but then got scared off by vegan science, but now I'm back! :smiley: Basically, keto focuses on strict macros of no more than 5% of your calories from carbohydrates,15-20% from protein, and the rest, 75-80%, Fat. Low carb is usually higher carbs and higher protein. The reason keto is different from low carb is because at those strict macros, your body will switch from burning glucose for fuel to burning fat for fuel. And it will melt away your body fat much easier than when your body is burning glucose. The main factor in keeping carbs below 5% (20 grams or less, definitely less if you're insulin resistant) is to prevent insulin spikes from the glucose in your blood stream. Insulin spikes will tell your liver to stop producing ketones (because you have glucose now) and kick you out of fat-burning ketosis. This can also occur from too much protein. Thus, you must also not eat over 15-20% protein or else you'll get an insulin spike and get kicked out of ketosis as well. It's quite a lot to learn at first, but if it's something you want to try, it's not too complicated and you'll get the hang of it!
  • jgkpeterson
    jgkpeterson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Bridgit! Welcome :-) lmk if you have any specific questions about your diet, or anything else your concerned about. I'll help as much as I can.