Does this count as a "NSV"? To me it does!

Options
Does this count as an "NSV" moment??? My kids ordered grilled chicken and fresh VEGETABLES for dinner the other night and split a loaded baked potato! They ate every bite, too! MY kids...the ones who only want corn dogs, french fries and chicken nuggets everywhere we go. Now at home I coax, bribe, threaten, etc, them into eating good food but restaurants have always been whatever junk they want from the kids menu. My son (age 6) said he wanted to order something healthy like me. My 3 year old daughter happily went along with him. That made me more proud than losing all the weight in the world!!!!

It really goes to show how much our children pattern their habits after ours. We MUST make good choices for them and for ourselves and set good examples. Sometimes that is easier said than done but seeing the impact my choices have had on them already really spoke loud and clear to me! :)

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, what a positive effect!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    hhhmm, remember that movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"? Well, if they were MY kids, I'd be looking for the pods!

No, really - what a great example you have set for them - see, they can learn and also like food that's good for them. Congratulations to you!

(PS: You didn't bribe them, right?) :laugh:
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    That is definately a NSV in my book. You are showing others and most importantly your kids a way to make healthier choices. Awesome!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    BEST NSV EVER EVER EVER!!!
  • throwingpaint
    throwingpaint Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful NSV
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options
    Totally counts! Great kids!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Aw!!! That has to be so rewarding!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    <<<--- JEALOUS!

Can I send you my 4 year old? He's rather STARVE than eat anything other than Kraft Mac and Cheese, grilled cheese and very few other things.

Way to go! I am hoping that he'll copy our new habits as well but s far, not so much :/
  • altak9
    altak9 Posts: 20
    Options
    I love the way our kids mimic our actions. Good for you and your kids! By the way - what is "NSV"?
  • descooley
    descooley Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    From one Mommy to another - awesome NSV!!!
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!

I'm trying to get there with my kids but they are a bit older (14, 12, 10, & 9) and therefore a bit more stuck in their ways.

I have to admit though that they are getting better at home. They are eating my healthier meals and with less & less resistance each time. Every once in a while I get a 'This is delicious!' or something similar. Yay me!

But I do find it funny when we are out and my little one says, "This is low fat, mommy, so you can eat it." or "We can get a healthier one so you can eat it too." Cute girl.
  • Scarletblue
    Scarletblue Posts: 255
    Options
    That is wonderful, I remember a long time ago when we went out to eat my daughter just wanted broccoli and the waitress was saying " are you sure we have fries" and my daughter said "broccoli".
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Heck yes, it does! That's probably one of the biggest and bestest NSV's I've ever heard of! YAY!
  • chelraeb
    chelraeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV!!! GREAT JOB!!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    That is precious!!! You've been a good mommy! :smile: Congrats!
  • ec_2011
    ec_2011 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yay that's awesome, congrats! :)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Most definitely an NSV! Great job Momma!
  • sarahkumba
    sarahkumba Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    what an awesome NSV!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! My kids have been asking lately..."Mom, is this a healthy choice?" I agree....they really are watching us closely!
  • TanyaDL
    TanyaDL Posts: 54
    Options
    Definitely an excellent NSV...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!