nutrition facts cannot be right?! Help!!!

Options
katlyngronwoldt85
katlyngronwoldt85 Posts: 49 Member
I made an omelet this morning and put in these ingredients to be calculated for my food diary. This recipe fed two people and the nutrition facts that came up said there was 102 g. of Protein. There is no way this is correct and now I'm wondering what else isn't accurate. Am I doing something wrong? Help!!!

.50 lb(s), Deer Sausage
4 large, Egg
1 tsp(s), Parsley, fresh
1 dash, Salt
1 cups, Broccoli
0.50 grams, Onion
1 tsp, Garlic, raw
1 fluid ounce, Skim Milk
1 dash, Spices, pepper, black
1 Tbsp, Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Have a look at each ingredient's nutrition and identify the one(s) that have the high protein. Then you can double check that particular ingredient against other entries.
  • ParadigmShifter
    ParadigmShifter Posts: 289 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    1/2 pound of deer meat is around 50g of protein
    4 eggs has around 28g of protein
    1 oz of milk has about 1g of protein
    Broccoli has protein but not much, maybe 1-2g
    Nothing else has a significant amount of protein unless the quantities are way off
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Really depends on how lean the sausage is. A half pound of lean venison can be as high as 70g of protein but sausage meat is likely more fatty and less protein. Perhaps you input lean venison instead of sausage meat?
  • katlyngronwoldt85
    katlyngronwoldt85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, Ill check and see what I can do. I'm not to worried about it, just thought it was strange.
  • knipeanne97
    knipeanne97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you put the amount in, you have to adjust the portion for 2 people since you technically had only half. Either that or someone put in the wrong info for the meat. But often times its the serving size that gets messed up.