Zumba Calories?

Options
I want to log my calories burned from Zumba class but I don't know what they are ha. The class is an hour long and I'm 5'7" and 180. Any Zumba doers out there know the calories they burn? The numbers I've seen before have ranged from 250 to 500 so I'm not sure how many to log. Any rough estimates would be appreciated!

Replies

• mknecht
    mknecht Posts: 1
    Options
    I log mine as 450 and I am 5'4 and 170. If you google it there is several websites that let you plug in the information to get calories burned during zumba. That is what I did.
  • SageLikeTheSpice
    SageLikeTheSpice Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I used zumbacalories.com, which gave me a more realistic number than MFP's "dance" entry
  • ♥Mjohnson76♥
    Options
    I looked for it as well..saw some dance classes but not Zumba specifically..it varies upon the effort ur puttn into the class..if ur workn really hard and kickn butt then the heart rate is elevated and ur burn major cals..if ur lax, well not too many calories r being burned..
  • bymelya1
    bymelya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Zumbacalories.com
  • DoctorWhoFan
    Options
    I went tonight and burned 719 cals according to my HRM. I am 5ft 4.9in and weigh 161.2lbs.

I think an HRM is the way to go :) I have a Polar FT4, well worth it!
  • NicoleLauren17
    NicoleLauren17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! That website was very helpful!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Cool website. Looks like I burn 772/hour. Good to know, I was putting my Zumba workouts at 500.