Activewear question

Options
This may seem silly but I'm just wondering if anyone feels like they enjoy working out more when they like their workout clothes? I'm going back to the gym after working out at home for many months and instead of wearing my sloppy t shirts and shorts I bought a number of new things (nothing fancy) so I'm still relatively put together. How bout it? Anyone? ;)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Yes. I like looking somewhat nicely put together at the gym. I also have ways I like to wear things and things I wear for functional reasons...
  • joeysgirl10
    joeysgirl10 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    yes... the better you look the better you feel... i even make sure i have on earrings (studs) because they make me feel pretty! ;)
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I like clothes that are comfortable / multi purpose. All of the gym clothes that I have are either capri-type cotton / lycra leggings (or long pants) and I wear a sports bra with an extra long cotton t-shirt, tank top, or long sleeved shirt. Not sexy, but relatively decent and comfortable.
  • buggleuh749
    buggleuh749 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nice! Thanks all, I'm excite to get back at it!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I'm in a rut, I tend to buy a new gym top or socks! I just decided to toss my gym leggings/capris & buy all new ones- good brands @ TJ maxx & I'm so happy!
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I love matching gym clothes, even though I workout by myself in my home gym and no one sees me. It's all for me, though!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to be able to fit into non-plus size fitness clothes and I am so excited to buy some soon. But for now, t-shirts and old capris are my jam (though I did buy a new pair of capris from Old Navy recently, I want to pace myself a little while I am losing).

TBH this is a big motivation for me. And my bank account is going to be crying soon too lol.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I scour thrift stores for all the good brands I would never pay for, and get some really cool things I never would have thought to look for at a real store. Also lets me cheaply "try out" different styles and brands. When I really like one, I look them up online and if I can find them I buy more - willing to pay if I already know I will like them!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    For home workouts I have a really ancient pair of black leggings (seriously, older then my son who is nearly 18! - they don't make them lie that any more!) or an old pair of shorts with one of the tops I bought when I first started working out, which are full of pulled threads where I used them for Wii Zumba (that Velcro belt....). But for actual classes I have several sets of long and short leggings with coordinating tops. And sweat bands.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm good with shorts and a t-shirt but when I drop my weight(30 down 70 to go) my reward will be a nice workout outfit lol!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Totally! Ritual has a big part in my health management, whether it be a satisfying gym outfit or careful grocery lists or methodical logging. It feels like part of the same thing to me.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My treat was new gym clothes! I feel better working out in stuff that I like. At home i just do it in leggings and an plain T-shirt.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    One of the most fun and rewarding things I see at the club is when the sweatpants and baggy tops turn into spandex--it means people are seeing changes, feeling confident, and stepping out.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Looking good and felling good are a cycle ;)
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I only care about the function of the clothes. Do they wick away moisture, do they provide good fit and flex, are my socks wicking and keeping away blisters. I don't have the most stylish like the people in my Pilates studio who have all the latest lululemon, but I can go from Pilates to trail running to spin and not have to wear 3 different outfits.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I kinda hate the feeling of most wicking fabric. Much prefer a thin, soft cotton in tops. Pants, please wick away.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! I love my Nuu Muus. In fact, I hate taking them off when I get home even when I'm swampy.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well, yeah. I want something that fits well and is comfortable. Certain fabrics work a lot better than cotton, too. They need to breathe, or wick. I also like my outfits to match. A great outfit always makes you feel better. When you feel better, you do better, right? I would hate trying to run in something not meant for running...oh the chaffing! Also, if you don't wear the right pants or undies when lifting, they get in all the wrong places...