Do you think I will have loose skin?

Options
Im 95kg/210lbs. I want to lose 80lbs. In the past i lost 50lbs but gained it back over a year.

Anyways. Do you think i will have loose skin after 80lbs weight loss?

Here are my current pictures.
m8hb0mgd7qcz.jpg
1daiord8g0aa.jpg
ylq8si1200qj.jpg

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Briefly, maybe. My loose skin results from recent loss of over 90 lb neglecting to lift heavy weights. The younger you are, and I don't know your age, the less likely you are to experience long term loose skin from weight loss. Personally, looking at your photos, I don't seriously think you will experience loose skin. I base that upon your belly distention as well as your photographic background. Lift those weights. Lower those calorie levels. Ditch that Dunlaps.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    There is no way to tell or predict. My gut reaction is to say no, but you'll find out when you get there.
  • Chessbear
    Chessbear Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Im 25!

Keep the answers coming :)
  • Chessbear
    Options
    Any more input?
  • All_Exits_Lead_Within
    All_Exits_Lead_Within Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    There's really no way to tell, however, one good friend of mine lost almost 150lbs and she doesn't have loose skin but a friend who lost only 60 did. It seems the difference is that one lost it slow by weight training and getting enough protein (150lbs) and the other one lost it simply by cutting back on calories and walking (60lbs). I think your skin elasticity might be determined by genetics and/or how long you've been overweight. But, in my opinion, it doesn't seem like you would have *much* loose skin, no matter how quickly you lost - your belly isn't that big.

Also, I'd like to second what 88olds said - don't focus on loose skin; focus on being healthy.
  • Chessbear
    Options
    Thanks.

I dont mind ending up with loose skin as long as I can get healthy.

But if i could get an indication. That would. Be awesome..

• kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind, then it doesn't affect what you do in your weight loss plan, right?

The best other advice is to not lose weight too rapidly. Really quick dramatic weight loss will tend to be rougher on skin than more gradual loss.

Moisturize--it's not a guarantee that it will protect from loose skin but it won't hurt and will help with a level of elasticity. Use your favorite moisturizer. Cocoa butter is recommended for pregnant women, if you don't have a favorite.
  • Chessbear
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    If you don't mind, then it doesn't affect what you do in your weight loss plan, right?

The best other advice is to not lose weight too rapidly. Really quick dramatic weight loss will tend to be rougher on skin than more gradual loss.

Moisturize--it's not a guarantee that it will protect from loose skin but it won't hurt and will help with a level of elasticity. Use your favorite moisturizer. Cocoa butter is recommended for pregnant women, if you don't have a favorite.

I think i will loose the 90lbs by next year in april. Thats 10 months. 9lbs a month.

What do you think?

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Maybe! I was 30lbs heavier in my 20's and had loose skin for a while. I took care of it with exfoliation, oils, etc. It firmed up over time.

I understand age and genetics are factors. I am losing baby weight now and taking care of my skin, but not worrying too much about it.
  • Chessbear
    Options
    Maybe! I was 30lbs heavier in my 20's and had loose skin for a while. I took care of it with exfoliation, oils, etc. It firmed up over time.

I understand age and genetics are factors. I am losing baby weight now and taking care of my skin, but not worrying too much about it.

Thanks. I just wish i didnt start packing fhe weight back on when I was lean.
  • raegohlman
    raegohlman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost over 50 pounds, including belly fat and only had loose skin on my arms. I don't know what would happen with men.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Curious as well. Need to lose like 50 more to reach my goal. I'm lifting alot and my arms are getting tight. My gut looks more tight. If I do have any I'm guessing my thighs will be it
  • Chessbear
    Options
    raegohlman wrote: »
    I lost over 50 pounds, including belly fat and only had loose skin on my arms. I don't know what would happen with men.

I did lose 50lbs in the past. I had four abs showing. No loose skin. I was 20 years old. To get back to that state id have to lose 70lbs now. I want to lose an extra 20lbs, which makes the total 90lbs, to be really lean, even though i was pretty lean when i lost the 50lbs.
  • Chessbear
    Options
    Any more comments regarding this?
  • EmmaLouHun
    EmmaLouHun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No expert, but seen way too many tv shows and online before and after pics. I would say no I really don't think loose skin will be an issue for you. Good luck
  • jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Beware. Get this idea out of your head and focus on the tasks at hand, those being- Losing, training and maintaining. You have to train your brain to train your body.

Loose skin is a "not good enough" thought. Another way to read your post is, "I want to lose weight but at the front end I'm worried if I'm going to be happy at the back end."

You can lose weight, make your goal and get hit by a bus. Start losing and train. You'll be better off. Worry about the end result at the end. Good luck.

Thank you for saying this! Today I was thinking this same thing "will I have a lot of loose skin?" I got in my own head and it was REALLY bothering me. I had to take a step back and say to myself "get there first! Then we will see what's up"

I decided I need to make it there, maintain for at LEAST 1 year to 1.5 years THEN I will worry if I have skin issues!
  • Chessbear
    edited June 2017
    Options
    EmmaLouHun wrote: »
    No expert, but seen way too many tv shows and online before and after pics. I would say no I really don't think loose skin will be an issue for you. Good luck

Thanks!
    Even if I do end up with loose skin. No problem. Better health is the goal.

But the prospect of having no loose skin at the end makes me less worried, so thanks!
  • LanaMua
    LanaMua Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    After giving birth I wanted to lose 10kgs and so I ran hills and stairs and didn't no strength training. Ended up losing the 10kgs in 3 months by doing tha as well as good nutrition but yes gained loose skin.