ugh...bad tummy :(

Options
I've been eating healthily, in moderation, and seeing the pounds slowly come off, but I had a chinese takeaway on sunday night for the first time in months, and now it's tuesday night and I still feel rotten :( I was SO bloated afterwards, my stomach which is normally pretty flat when i'm standing up but it ballooned right up, and i'm still bloated and have had a sore tummy ever since. No other 'problems' just always feeling like i've eaten a 5 course meal.

What can/should I eat to get back to normal, any ideas? I've got a feeling everyone's going to say water but I can only drink it with a splash of sugar free squash (like fruit flavouring) and I drink quite a bit of that. All i've got in the house is carbs like pasta and potatoes and a few veggies like cucumber, tomatoes, and red and yellow peppers. Tinned sweetcorn, tin of tuna. Not much in the way of meat, it's a thrifty month!

Just want to feel normal again, I feel terrible! (not TOTM by the way, don't have them)

Replies

• PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    One of my older aunts told me to eat a raw potato to settle my stomach once.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    sorry, but water is probably your best bet. i'd stay away from anything packaged or processed until your bloating goes away.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake. Chinese food usually has lots of it, and it does cause bloating and water retention.
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bitters & soda
  • BohemianDestiny
    BohemianDestiny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always drink sprite or 7up to settle/unbloat my stomach. That and soda crackers. Together, not one or the other. :)
  • COREYNAVARRO
    Options
    Water! Haha Really reduce your sodium the next few days and eat asparagus and cranberries if you can, they are diuretics.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    It depends in why you are bloating. If it is msg the only thing you can do is wait it out. If it is excessive sodium you can try upping your potassium. And depending on what you actually ate, you might have been low on fiber. If you can figure out how to eat the potato without sodium that would be a good source of potassium and fiber.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Thanks everyone, so water, low sodium, and fresh food? Might make a tuna salad for lunch tomorrow. I could never eat a raw potato! I had a jacket (baked) potato this evening and that make any difference either way. I had 'special chow mein' - prawns, beef, pork and chicken with egg noodles and veggies, only it came covered in sauce which is not usual! I have been eating plenty of fibre lately, but low fat only, so maybe it was the fat content along with the msg/sodium that's really upset my body.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Lots of raw/lightly steamed veggies - green foods! Lots and lots of dark green food!
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Thanks! Need to buy some tomorrow, still feel terrible :(