Samsung calorie adjustment

Options
Hi,

I've done something recently whereby it now pulls through my walking/jogging from my samsung health.
So for example yesterday to loose 1.5lb a week I can have 1450 calories but I've been given an extra 479 for samsung calorie adjustment. I'm set as little/no activity (desk job) and yesterday with the jog/walk only achieved just over 6000 steps. Is it correct to be given extra calories? The same happened for Saturday but less calories because only walked round a few shops.
Thanks

Replies

• neomitta6701
    neomitta6701 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How are you able to pull from your Samsung health? Or are you on an Android device?
  • commsgirl2016
    commsgirl2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes on Android. I must have clicked something but now wonder why it's giving me extra calories especially for the day of walking round shops!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I recently started using my Samsung to do the same, its totally inflated for the calorie burn when it syncs with MFP. I know its totally wrong as I used to have a Fitbit and know what my average TDEE is (total daily energy expenditure) 1800 approx, the Samsung app combined with MFP said 2100!! yeah if someone was to eat all those calories then gains would be happening. I turned off the sync for that very reason.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @commagirl2016 go into MFP settings and uncheck the box where it says to link with S Health app.
  • commsgirl2016
    Options
    Thanks @RunRutheeRun.
    Should it not do this?
    I assume my 1450 calculates I will do some walking per day?
    A friend is lightly active or the next category and theirs gives adjustments of roughly 1000 calories per day because their job involves lots of walking and they were saying that they can eat 2800 a day to loose weight (1800 plus the adjusted 1000 for their steps)
  • commsgirl2016
    Options
    Sorry missed your explanation above. Thanks