What is a good do able 1,500 calories meal plan that I can have everyday

Options
Hey guys I'm looking for your experience in the Field "what da heck to eat!" I'm new to weight loss and just wanted to know a meal plan that is cheap easy to make at 1,500 calories and I can eat everyday?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Start with foods you currently eat, just make portion sizes fit your calorie goal. It might be dissatisfying, that's when you start swapping ingredients...
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lazy, I eat a lot of convenience foods like breaded frozen chicken. However, I do also eat a lot of steam in the bag veggies. 10 servings of fruit and veggies is about 28 ounces of fruit and vegetables per day. I can't do that everyday, but, at least 10 days of the month I try to hit a full 10 servings of fruit and veg.
    I eat fast food 4 days of the week, I just know what I can order and I log it and adjust.
    I probably weigh more than you do, since I add a bunch of walking, I eat around 2300 calories per day to lose at a daily deficit of 750 calories, so, I lose 1.5 lbs a week. But, I weigh 229 lbs and walk around 15,000 steps per day.
    There's a whole bunch of different ways to lose the weight. Your calories out just have to be greater than your calories in and it's a whole lot easier to just eat what you've been eating, just in smaller quantities. Well, unless you were tired of that food anyways.

31000937.png
  • JimmyfromNYC
    JimmyfromNYC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Look into Keto. For me thats the fastest easiest diet. Main thing is cut carbs. NO sugar, rice, potato, bread (or very little) My avg meal: Piece of meat, chicken or fish and a boatload of veggies small serving of Berry type fruit. K.I.S. If you eat this you rarely have to measure.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'll work with the cheap and easy. Get yourself a pack of deboned chicken thighs, a variety of frozen veggies, oatmeal and milk for breakfast, a bag of fruit, bread, wraps, and rice.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Breakfast (~187 cal)-
    Coffee w/unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    bagel thin with promise spread
    Morning Snack (~225 cal) -
    8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    47g/1 scoop Syntha chocolate milkshake protein powder
    Lunch (~344 cal)-
    ReadyPac Bistro Organic Chicken Caesar Salad
    113g/0.5 cup Stop and Shop Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    5 strawberries
    Afternoon Snack (~237 cal)
    cup of coffee w/fat free half and half
    1 Hershey milk chocolate miniature
    1 Luna gluten free high protein bar, choc chip cookie dough
    Dinner (~553 calories)
    3/4 lb baked marinated tilapia
    cauliflower fried rice

That was one day I had that came in around 1546 calories. But, really, just add you food into the diary. Eat smaller portions, for higher calorie foods that you make substitute ingredients with lower calorie ones. You can really eat anything!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    First I would find out if 1500 calories is right for you. If you are a guy, 1500 is the absolute minimum MFP will allow, for many reasons, and it's only suitable for older, shorter and sedentary men.

Then I would look at what you're already eating. Log some days in your food diary. See what foods take a big chunk of your calories, and decide whether it's worth it.

Then I would consider whether you can or could cook (skill, time, equipment). This will decide what kinds of foods you will be looking for.

Then I would do the opposite of what you are asking for - not look for a meal plan, but make it myself, and not have the same foods every day, but change them up.

Then I would think about favorite meals, look up recipes if applicable, write shopping list, and go shopping. I would look for cheaper alternatives whenever possible, and just buy enough fresh food to last me a few days, and then buy something else. Dry and canned and frozen can be bought in bulk.
  • pawamonster
    pawamonster Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that 200 calories of a combination of high fiber, protein, medium healthy fat, and fiber-rich carbs will sustain you longer than 200 calories of refined carbohydrates like white bread. As you go along, you'll learn what protein, fiber, healthy fat rich foods will keep you going the best. A calorie might be a calorie in terms of weight loss, but they're not all equal in terms of how they make you feel, so learning what your body responds best to is a process. If you feel miserable eating 1500 calories, adjust macros before increasing calories.

A good starting point my nutritionist gave me is the 40/30/30 diet (the zone diet) - you eat whatever you like as long as 40% of what you eat is carbs, 30% is fat, and 30% is protein. Shoot for 30-40g fiber per day as well, a bit at each meal, and you'll feel really good. You learn pretty fast what keeps you satisfied, and 40/30/30 is a macro balance that a lot of people respond well to (though I've seen bodybuilders do 33/33/33). You can find a bunch of recipes on the zone website, but you can also just plug the 40% carb 30% protein 30% fat percentages into MFP and do a little meal tetris. In general, my meals are about 4oz protein (like a piece of chicken thigh, which has lots of healthy fat), a high fiber fruit or vegetable (berries are awesome), and cottage cheese with chia seeds (a fiber, fat, and protein powerhouse). I default to the same meals most days. Eggs, bacon, and toast are an easy go-to as well.

Good luck! We can be friends if you want to creep on my diary and see what I eat. It's not perfect every day, but it can give you some ideas. I see a nutritionist and a dietician, so my meal plan was created under the advisement of professionals.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you want help seeing what fits in 1500 calories, I'd say play with the food log, but for more ideas maybe try eatthismuch, which is a free (unless you go premium, and no reason to, IMO) site that gives you a meal plan based on the calories, macros, and eating style you give it. I wouldn't follow it exactly, but it might help with ideas if you are really new to this.

I eat 1500 right now, but I eat kind of weirdly, so... (Feel free to check my diary, though.)
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1550 and my diary is open... feel free to add me
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    chicken.
    veggies
    eggs.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hmmm my 1550 cal meal plan this week is
    Lunch: fruit Greek Yogurt mixed with Harvest Crunch cereal
    Dinner: orange glazed pork roast with roasted blended garden veggies
    Snack: homemade fudge protein bar
    Snack 2: chocolate protein cheesecake
    Breakfast: milk 2 go sport chocolate (post workout)

I work graveyards so my schedule is a bit backwards. Oh and yesterday I had fried plantain instead of cheesecake.