Keto success

Options
jbrooke17
jbrooke17 Posts: 16 Member
Does anyone have a success story from using a keto diet?

Replies

• Storagelady
    Storagelady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on Keto for almost a month, and am down 10 lbs. 10 more to go and I'm at my goal weight.
    This eating style suits me perfectly. I do very well on a low-carb diet , after two weeks I don't miss the carbs AT ALL! But... I am not by nature a carb craver. Of course I LOVE bread and pasta. But with all of the choices available to eat that are fulfilling, I have found that giving these up isn't really that terrible.

I also restrict my calorie intake to under 1300 calories per day. When I was on a regular diet where all I counted were calories, I found myself hungry and craving snacks throughout the day.

With Keto, the fats and protein keep me feeling full so the urge to snack or cheat has pretty much disappeared.

Is it a lifelong eating regimen? I have no idea. But for now, I'm sticking with it and enjoying the results.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been eating this way for just under two months. We switched to Keto because of his prediabetic state and I have fibromyalgia. I'd read that many people find pain relief by eating very low carb diets and I was getting desperate to find some pain relief that didn't involve pills.

As of yesterday, he's lost 18 pounds and I've lost about 12 plus both of us have lost a lot of inches. He lost 3" in his belly alone and gone from a 2xl to a size large! I'm extremely proud of him because he's never been one to watch what he eats but the pre-diabetes diagnosis scared him. I've gone from a snug 12 to a loose 10. My result so far with weight loss aren't as dramatic but my pain level went from a 5-7 (depending on the day) to a 1-2 so that part WAS dramatic! I can now do jiu jitsu, kickboxing and weight lifting and enjoy it because I'm not in pain and my recovery time is so much faster!

It's not magic, we tend to take in a lot fewer calories than we did before but we are both satisfied with the foods we're eating even though the calories are lower. The first couple of weeks are rough though and you need to make sure you're getting plenty of electrolytes or you can go back to feeling crappy even if it's been a few weeks.

Life long eating regimen? For us, most likely, yes. We may up the carbs a little bit after we're at goal or if our jiu jitsu and other sports suffer but it will likely still be low carb with targeted carbs for athletic performance.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying it's the solution for everyone but if you try Keto & feel great you will know it's the lifestyle for you. Knowing I had issues with sugar addiction, I've been lower carb and grain free for 14 years. But in March I recommitted to strict Keto & I could not be happier. The food is delicious & I'm never hungry except when I should be. (Which I now can tell when that is!!) I'm down around 15 pounds so far but the real victory for me is my hormonal acne completely disappeared!! Also, I just realized I haven't had a migraine in 2 months when previously I was having 1-2 per month. Insulin is a hormone & I have insulin resistance so as Keto helps heal my insulin issues, other hormonal issues are also clearing up. I'm never going back.
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Decided to try it too because of my insulin resistance and i am losing inches and pounds.I am never hungry and my energy levels are up so it is definitely working out for me.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most oc us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Also, to answer your question, yes, I have a success story due to following Keto (I'm a Keto lifer). I've pasted in the link to my profile for you below where the details of my story can be found:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/ladipoet
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!