Options
sthpdx
sthpdx Posts: 7 Member
And I don't think I'm sorry about it.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There's never any reason to be sorry about ice cream, unless it tastes terrible.

I still have it a number of times a week. I just weigh out my serving to make sure I'm still within my calories.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    u4xudu4rsird.jpg
    My favorite is vanilla, it goes with everything. I'm making banana upside down cake at this moment and will be getting a scoop of vanilla on the top.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,327 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is SOMETHING, I can't use portion control. It's my weakness so I only have it when I go out to eat.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    u4xudu4rsird.jpg
    My favorite is vanilla, it goes with everything. I'm making banana upside down cake at this moment and will be getting a scoop of vanilla on the top.

My aunt makes a killer pineapple upside down cake, but I've never tried banana!! I bet it is fantastic, especially with some vanilla ice cream on top! :love:
  • seanafvet
    seanafvet Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try halo top ice cream, it's healthy ice cream :)
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    u4xudu4rsird.jpg

Oh! Please may I have recipe? This looks yummy!
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    seanafvet wrote: »
    Try halo top ice cream, it's healthy ice cream :)

i have and it's not comparable to real ice cream. i prefer nada moo....or talenti
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you can't weigh, eat, and stop with 4 oz of ice cream for 180 perfectly snack-sized calories, try any of the lower-calorie offerings, from 40 calorie fudge pops, 100 calorie frozen yogurt, 0 calorie ice. If you can't stop... if the problem is that you just can't stop until the bucket is empty, quit buying the bucket.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    @ronjsteele1

http://www.sprinklesomesugar.com/banana-upside-down-cake/

I used my old cast iron fry pan because it is larger than a cake pan. Some of the replies to her recipe stated that a cake pan was not big enough and their batter spilt over the side when baking. They would be right, it was a lot of batter. It turned out great and yummy.
  • Sunnystylegrl
    Sunnystylegrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem. The healthy, lower fat ice cream just isn't the same so I treat myself but measure it out. If I don't do that then i end up eating the entire container!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Im guilty of eating the whole 500ml tube then spreading the calories over 5 days at 100ml a day, means i can have my binge on ice cream and still be in my calories.

although is not something I do often as only buy one tub now and then so i cant just keep eating it.

ya should have seen my face when my shopping was delivered the other week and they had sent ben & jerrys salted caramel instead of chocolate fudge brownie lol
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    Low sugar ice cream is great. High in protein and calcium. As long as you are not eating a half gallon of it, go ahead. I wholeheartedly agree, ice cream is one of the greatest things in life.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1/2 cup and 3/4 cup of non-dairy ice cream (I'm dairy intolerant) every single night almost without fail. I adore it and I'm definitely not sorry about it.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    The only thing that makes me sorry about ice cream is when, in a fit of prudence, I order one scoop in a small waffle cone instead of two scoops in a large, and boom, it's gone. :'( We have a fabulous little local shop 4 blocks from us with thick, rich, creamy homemade ice cream--blueberry cheesecake is my obsession, but any are good.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I love ice cream as well. the slow churn kind is really good and has a little less calories, I'm eating the mud pie one right now. I REALLY love cold stone though, with cookie dough and brownies and all that yummy stuff. Just gotta live too!!!!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Halo Top? 35 cal per 1/2 cup plus protein and the couple flavors I've tried are creamy - seriously!