Back to School Slimdown!

Options
Okay guys. It's crunch time! I have less than 4 weeks until I go back to college for the fall semester. I have lost 16 pounds this summer but I want to make it 20 pounds before school starts. First day back is August 22nd!

Who's with me??

Add me with a message saying you want to be part of the "Back to School Slimdown" and we can make each other accountable for our healthy food choices and exercise. I may post on this thread again in about a week to check up on everyone and their progress. If any of you want to add any "daily challenges" or "daily goals" to this thread, you are totally welcome to do so. No one is the "leader" of this group. We are all in it together. :flowerforyou:

We can do this! :):happy:

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yes! I want to lose at least 7lbs by the time school starts back up - hopefully 10! I'm moving back on August 28th!
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Ah yes I am in! I am hoping to be down another 7ish pounds before school and recuirtment starts! (Aug. 29)
  • lucero22
    lucero22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am down!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Count me in! I go back to school the same day - My 21st birthday too! I'm hoping to be in the mid to low 40s.

M.:bigsmile:
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Anybody else interested in this?

:)
  • ebilharz
    ebilharz Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes! I'm going back for my senior year at college, and I always feel pressure to look good so I'm not overshadowed by the new freshmen, haha. I suppose that sounds shallow, so I should add that most importantly I want to exude the happiness and confidence that I have been feeling this summer. I would definitely like to tone up!
    Also, I have an office job for the summer and am therefore incredibly pale - am considering a spray tan before move-in day/first day of classes. has anyone tried those (any advice for a newbie?)
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Sure... I don't have any more weight to lose, but I have definitely been slacking on exercising and could use some tone up for back-to-school time!
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    Yes! I'm going back for my senior year at college, and I always feel pressure to look good so I'm not overshadowed by the new freshmen, haha. I suppose that sounds shallow, so I should add that most importantly I want to exude the happiness and confidence that I have been feeling this summer. I would definitely like to tone up!
    Also, I have an office job for the summer and am therefore incredibly pale - am considering a spray tan before move-in day/first day of classes. has anyone tried those (any advice for a newbie?)

I have a summer office job too! I took the 3 weeks before school off though. I plan on getting my tan on then! lol. I wouldn't do a tannning bed, but a spray tan probably wouldn't be too bad. I have no experience with that though. I will add you!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'd love to join :D I am studying abroad next year, so I have an extra month before I leave the country. I'm scared to leave :frown: so at least being thin will make me happy
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options

never tried professional spray tanning, but fake bake (the original) is pretty nice and natural. Same with Banana Boat Summer color .

ps: Im going into my senior (will be super - super duper senior xD) too...way to make me feel old :cry:
  • hsquared87
    hsquared87 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm in! I need to lose 3 to 7 lbs or 3 inches before Sept 1 before I transfer to a new job. My goal is to do 3 weight training sessions a week and bike and do pilates and maybe some walk/ running. I have to be at least 145 or 141 (depending on the height they measure me at ) or below 33% body fat by then to keep my job.
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    I'm in! I need to lose 3 to 7 lbs or 3 inches before Sept 1 before I transfer to a new job. My goal is to do 3 weight training sessions a week and bike and do pilates and maybe some walk/ running. I have to be at least 145 or 141 (depending on the height they measure me at ) or below 33% body fat by then to keep my job.

wait what?! What kind of job do you have? That sounds so odd! :/
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options

what type of work are you doing?
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am in. I would like to lose about 10 pounds. I have a lot to lose so I think this is dooable. I go back the first part of September but might be going on a trip in August so I have double motivation. So far I walk/run with the dog 5 days a week and try to bike on the weekends, my work outs usually last for an hour. I am also taking 2 summer classes and working full time so it has slowed down my progress a bit.
  • lucero22
    Options
    that sounds great ladies, I wanna lose another 5lbs before school starts on the 24th. what are some of the workouts are yall doing?
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    that sounds great ladies, I wanna lose another 5lbs before school starts on the 24th. what are some of the workouts are yall doing?

Well my challenge post got deleted for some weird reason :frown: ...so I will just post a "suggestion" of something to try and do today. Maybe if I call it a "suggestion" instead of a challenge, MFP won't feel the need to unnecessarily delete it. :grumble:

1. Drink 8-10 Glasses of water!
    2. 100 crunches or more any style you like
    3. 35 push ups or more (any style that is comfortable for you
    4. 30 minutes cardio (whatever you want to do even if it is just a walk)

Hope MFP doesn't delete this...I am kind of mad that deleted the original post for today's challenge that I made. I make no claims to be a fitness instructor or a medical professional! Just trying to think of ways to motivate myself and others!

Good luck everybody! Let me know if you do the "suggestion" :tongue: (aka challenge) today!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lucero22
    Options
    ok boo that stinks! but that sounds good I think I might to that today, I injured my lower back so that might be good for me to do today...I am also gonna try water zumba, should be fun!
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Meee tooo!! I start Aug 22 too
  • hsquared87
    hsquared87 Posts: 73
    Options
    Sorry didn't mean to upset. :smile: I have to keep a certain weight and body fat percentage because I am in the military.

Check to the water I managed to get in 10 glasses in already and its not even 4 pm yet. I did 70 close hand push ups. I also did my body weight training as a circuit so I got in My cardio! Kept my heart rate somewhere between 150 to 170 almost the whole time. I will think about doing the crunches. I'm gonna have to motivate myself for that.

Thanks for the push for today.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Completed the challenge! I wonder why the other post got deleted...