Gotta do something

Options
I've gained weight back that I had lost and now I've got to get back on the "horse" and do this again. Any tried and true advice is appreciated. Just stop eating is not really going to be helpful. If you are looking to add new friends, you can add me!

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Oh I don't think anyone here would tell you to just STOP eating :) Welcome back and you can do this! Just get a food scale and weigh things, set your goals on MFP and stick with your calories! Try to workout if you can so you can retain muscle while in a deficit and make your overall health improve. Feel free to add me - my food diary is open to friends. Just don't pay attention to the last week - I've had a rough one!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    just tracking for me is huuuuuge. And as my trainer always tells me, just stick to the path. Weight loss isn't linear and you're always making progress even if it seems like you aren't.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    just tracking for me is huuuuuge. And as my trainer always tells me, just stick to the path. Weight loss isn't linear and you're always making progress even if it seems like you aren't.

This. All of it.
    Don't try to change all the things all at once -- I've found that completely overhauling everything my body is trained to accept as normal was really detrimental to my efforts, and I was stressed out more about trying to balance all of that with my already busy life. Baby steps. You're in it for the long haul so take some time to get it right. Start one or two habits and do them for a month or two. Then add on another one or two. Then more. Keep it simple, and make the good changes a new habit before adding to your plate (pun intended!).
  • GirlGettingFit37
    GirlGettingFit37 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I have been there and done that. The biggest thing that has helped me is tracking and measuring everything I eat. I track the good, the bad, and the ugly. You will be amazed at how quickly the calories add up. I also started moving more. I have a Fitbit and it will remind me to get up every hour and walk 250 steps. Working out daily also helps. You don't have to do anything crazy, just a simple walk at first and work Your way towards strength training etc.