How much could I lose in 4 weeks?

deliriousheart
deliriousheart Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm eating 1200 calories a day (food mainly consisting of protein, veg and fruit), and doing exercise every day for an hour (cardio: treadmill, cross trainer, rowing machine, bike). How much weight (kg) roughly do u think one could lose doing this for four weeks? I know everyone has a different body type, but just wondering roughly. Thanks :smile:

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Depends on what your current weight is, but probably around 5 lb.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    It depends on a number of factors that make answering from what you gave us nearly impossible. But in general, 1-4 kg.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    How long is a piece of string? So many variables and you've given zero info for us to go on.
  • deliriousheart
    How long is a piece of string? So many variables and you've given zero info for us to go on.

I've been eating mainly protein, veg and fruit (cut out junk completely), and I do cardio at the gym for an hour (15 mins each on treadmill, cross trainer, bike and rowing machine).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member

I've been eating mainly protein, veg and fruit (cut out junk completely), and I do cardio at the gym for an hour (15 mins each on treadmill, cross trainer, bike and rowing machine).

None of that will help either. What it your age/height/weight/activity level outside of exercise?
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member

They mean what are your current stats? Age, gender, height, current weight....
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member

this still tells us nothing, height, weight, gender, age, activity level etc
  • deliriousheart
    malibu927 wrote: »

None of that will help either. What it your age/height/weight/activity level outside of exercise?

Sorry I'm pretty new to this. I'm 19, 5'11, I weigh 91kg, and I am lightly active (walk around a lot to get to places).
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    If you are in deficit and are exercising (optional) you will have your answer in four weeks. The keys are accurate honest logging and dedication. That crazy binge on the weekend will set you back.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

Sorry I'm pretty new to this. I'm 19, 5'11, I weigh 91kg, and I am lightly active (walk around a lot to get to places).

Anywhere from 4-8 pounds of fat loss is possible. You may not know it, however, because in that short of time, your fat loss could be masked by fluid retention or other factors. Quick TDEE calc of lightly active would mean a diet of 1400 or so calories a day (at 2400 TDEE) could give you that type of result.

Very quick numbers, but should be in the ballpark.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    8lbs if your logging is tight but if you're new to it, account for errors and you'd probably be more likely to lose 4-6