Vibram FiveFinger Shoes

Options
So lately i've been seeing many people at the gym wearn these Vibram shoes. Does anyone own a pair? Would you recommend them for lifting or running? Personally, they do seem like they would have a lot of support to lift or run.

Replies

• V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have 3 pairs and love them to death, take some getting used to, but they are great. I live in them in the summer.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I have two friends that have them for running and love it!
  • brazilian27
    Options
    they are amazing!!!! you will no regret if you buy them :)
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I do my gym workout, my Insanity workouts and I run in them. They are actually better for your feet than shoes. I love them, I also love the looks I get from people when they see me wearing them.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    love my VFF's
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    They're not supposed to provide support....that's the point of barefoot running. I don't own a pair yet, however, I am getting some soon. I tend to heel strike very heavily and by using VFF I'll naturally land mid-foot. The man I'm dating has a pair and he loves them. He says that it takes some getting used to and that you're calves will hurt for quite a while.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So if a person ( like me) likes to do her aerobics barefoot. Would these be a good option?
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The idea of the shoes is that you don't need support. They allow you feet to do what they do naturally. I bought a pair to use during work out videos becasue my arches would ache terribly. It has completely sovled that problem. I wore them to the gym once but got a bad blister and had to stop mid work out. Do a search on here and you will find a lot of information. I have wide flat feet so shoes tend to hurt. People that have high arches might not like them as much.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't own *a* pair, i have ten. I wear them for everything! My hubby has 4 pairs himself.

Half the trainers at my gym wear them. I use them for my weight workouts, my treadmill cardio, Zumba and soon yoga. Love, love, love them.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have them. I love them. They have no support in them though. They can be used for just about anything you want to do in them.
  • hsquared87
    hsquared87 Posts: 73
    Options
    I love my Vibrams! I only wear them for lifting and walking around. I have knee injures and I am able to do squats and lunges now without pain if I wear them. I find that I am more stable when I wear them. My husband basically wears them for everything.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I do my gym workout, my Insanity workouts and I run in them. They are actually better for your feet than shoes. I love them, I also love the looks I get from people when they see me wearing them.

I saw someone wearing them for Warrior Dash.. Did you wear yours there also? If so, how did they hold up in the mud? My Nikes sucked me down.. I would assume they wouldn't weight one down as much?
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    So if a person ( like me) likes to do her aerobics barefoot. Would these be a good option?

Yes! I would have to stop while doing the 30DS becasue my feet hurt so bad, I tried to do barefoot but couldn't grip. It took a 100 bucks to solve my problem but I don't regret it.
  • ♥Mjohnson76♥
    Options
    Sure do wish they made a "trial pair"..i like to run on the pavement/outdoors..i want to try em..i feel that my feet would hurt from every pebble i step on..
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I live in my VFF's!!! They are fantastic for all my working out, lifting, Jillian, walking... all of it!

if I am not in my vibrams, I am barefoot!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Sure do wish they made a "trial pair"..i like to run on the pavement/outdoors..i want to try em..i feel that my feet would hurt from every pebble i step on..

The running store should allow you to do a trial run...usually around the block or around the outside of the store. At least my store does...which is one reason I love them, lol.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i LOVE mine for running and for lifting. the point is not to have support but just to let your body support you. they are fabulous!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Now what about people that suffer from runner's knee's? Would these be any good or would they cause much more impact on the knees?

Thanks.
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't own any yet, but I would love to try them!

9603602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I want a pair super bad!! My bday is in November if anyone needs an idea!!:wink: