test

Options
I started testing MFP and am very happy with the results so far - trying to figure out what the average weightloss / month or week is - any help?

Replies

• IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    This is my first day here and I'm enjoying it!!! I found this on my app market and I'm GLAD!

Hopefully, someone w/ more experience can answer your question about the weight loss... Good luck!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is up to you. When you set up your goals, you can go for anywhere from .5 to 2 lbs a week. I've noticed mine is pretty much on target or slightly better. That "slightly better," though has added up to about a 5 lbs+ ahead of target over this year.

Your results may vary!... I'm only adding this because that's what they say in those weight loss commercials on TV. ha ha ha
  • matthewburditt
    Options
    I guess what i am asking is: what is unhealthy?
    I've been averaging about 4lbs a week, but am a big guy.
    Everyone keeps telling me to take it easy, but I feel fine, better even.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I get what you mean. I can tell you for experience, if you lose too fast, you'll end up with some extra skin... and that's not pretty. I'd say if you're losing more than 2-3 lbs a week, you probably want to slow it down a bit -- increase your calories. Slow and steady wins the race... and speaking of races, the health and fitness race only ends when you're dead -- so there's no point in rushing it.

You said though you're a big guy. Maybe a lot of it is water weight. If you're eating less sodium now in your diet, you're going to shed a lot of water weight. That's only going to last for so long though and I saw you're about 1/2 through to your goal, so that might not be it.