Options
lruff1987
lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
What's your favorite go-to dinner???

Replies

• dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    7-eleven turkey and tomato sandwich with baby carrots.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Roasted salmon and Brussels sprouts. I have this dinner 2-3x/week since it's quick and easy and I can put it in the oven while I shower after the gym.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Ribeye with a dry rub of salt+pepper+garlic, sea scallops, seared in a steal pan with butter. Served with assorted steamed veg.

Well, maybe not my 'goto', but when I want something I know I like and don't want to spend a lot of time cooking, this is where I end up.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My wife and I like quite a bit of variety, particularly where dinner is concerned as our breakfasts and lunch tend to be more mundane. Between the two of us, we have probably around 100 recipes saved on Pinterest.

I grill burgers probably once per week or so...it's super easy and quick and we just have a salad to go with...so I guess that would be our least fussy "go to" on a week night.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Egg, turkey bacon, and cheese on an english muffin. It's easy, filling, and fits well into my calorie goals.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Chicken piccata with roasted veg and whatever random starch I have on hand.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I guess my "go to" is baked chicken breast with baked potatoes and a veg (usually green beans)

Boring but easy and pretty good. And filling.

I like a lot of variety in my meals though. I'm always looking for more ideas and recipes.

I really like it when my boyfriend grills. He's been practicing his bbq skills lol.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Ribeye with a dry rub of salt+pepper+garlic, sea scallops, seared in a steal pan with butter. Served with assorted steamed veg.

Well, maybe not my 'goto', but when I want something I know I like and don't want to spend a lot of time cooking, this is where I end up.

Sounds good but probably not very budget friendly lol
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Might depend on your location. The scallops are kinda pricey but I buy everything in single portions from the butcher. Half pound of ribeye runs 4-5 bucks, the same for about 3 sea scallops. So all said and done it clocks in at about $10. So not really cheap, but also not terrible. Without the scallops it's pretty budget friendly IMO because beef is filling and high in calories. The veggies are cheap, frozen steamers are roughly ~$1.25 per pound.

I've noticed through conversations online that food prices vary drastically depending on area.