3 bad days and stress eating

Options
eeede
eeede Posts: 88 Member
Hello,
I've had a very bad weekend of 3 days. I ate very badly not counting calories.
I'm very stressed because of work not going great and I just discovered my bf has cheated on me...

I've lost almost half of my initiel weight going from 275 to 140 during last year. I don't want to undo my work, and I know a weekend won't do unreversible damage, but I feel really bad.
I plan - I have to - be back on track tomorrow but I'm feeling down right now. I hope I can just get back on track tomorrow.

Replies

• SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Think positively... you can do this. Life's little setbacks happen - often without warning. But don't let one bad weekend derail you. Don't look back - only look forward... forward to a new and exciting future.
    Negative thoughts serve absolutely no purpose. You have made AMAZING progress and I know that you'll continue to make great strides. Stay true to who you really are, and not allow outside factors sway you from your goal.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself for 4 or 5 days. In 5-8 days, you will be back to where you were and maybe even lighter!

Stay positive, 3 days is nothing.
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I feel for you and your situation- when i found out hub cheated i locked myself in my room and just binged for like 2 months. I dont really drink or do much to get myself through the stressful situations- i just needed to numb out and all i could do was eat. Gained back most of the weight i worked so hard to take off. I forgot one very crucial point- my choices. Even tho i was in extreme pain and stressed i still had a choice on how to react- and instead of taking it out on him- i took it out on me- it was as if i was hating myself through the food i was stuffing down. It hurt like hell to even move off the couch- but after a bit i realized that while he had his fun- i was the one left with the destruction. So i said to myself- the hell with this, im not going to let his choice dictate my progress. I cried- yelled and screamed- then when i was done- got back to work. Please know that anything can change in a moment- even us. Dont beat ur self up too bad for having a reaction to a serious situation. Hang in there and remember no one can love us like we need them to- but we can show love to ourselves everyday. Much hugs to you my friend***
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    3 days is a drop in the bucket. It looks like you are aware of the situation, so now it's time to get back on track! I went through a very rough time this month as well. I reached out quickly after noticing some problem behaviors, just like you have. Awareness is key! Guilt does you no constructive good, but moving on and staying aware of your choices will. Do this for you.

PS Your boyfriend is a *kitten* for hurting you. Do something that makes you truly happy and proud today.