Anyone else fasting?

Options
It's my 4th day fasting, and I've dropped 3.5 pounds. It's a lot harder to over eat this way.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    No food for 4 days?
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting for Ramadan.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If I fasted for 4 days, by the 5th day I'd be eating everything I could get my hands on
  • mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I fast for 4-8 hours after waking up each day
  • muri72
    muri72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fasting is a common part of Ketogenic dieting.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    There are several types of fasting. Which type are you doing? I was doing a type of fasting while on a meditation retreat two years ago. Eating window from 6 am to noon. The hunger was ridiculous for the first week, but it got easier. This was also when I learned that I actually can fall asleep while hungry. It was a revelation of sorts.

As for the rapid weight loss, that should slow down after the first week. If it doesn't, you'll want to reevaluate the number of calories you are taking in. Too few calories will lead to a higher ratio of muscle wastage than a moderate deficit.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I fast for 7-8 hours while I'm asleep.

Right there with you!
  • mcbeanstr
    mcbeanstr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fasting for Ramadan as well. Day 11 time is flying O_O
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Today is a fasting day. Hoping it goes by quick lol
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've started intermittent fasting. I'm on day 3 of 19/5. 18 hours fasting with an eating window of approx. 6PM - 11PM. I'm surprised to find I have a lot more energy during the day. I wasn't expecting that. I get a little hungry at 10 am and a little hungry at about 4pm, but I drink a bunch of water and I'm great afterwards. I'm finding this is helping in that I don't overeat my daily calories. I'm still taking in what I should be, but I'm not as cranky having every single meal so limited. My evening meals are more enjoyable now. I many only do this about 4 days a week, but I want to try to see how it affects me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's my 4th day fasting, and I've dropped 3.5 pounds. It's a lot harder to over eat this way.

How long are you going to go without food? I'm assuming you're just not eating food...probably not the best idea.
  • AngusCody22
    AngusCody22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I fast from 9p-12:30p each day, I know how important breakfast is, but this works for me & my stomach feels great!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I fast for about 16 hrs each day (10 p.m. to 2 p.m.) Once spring planting is over and I'm not working so hard every day I may go back to fasting for 36 hrs on Mondays.
  • hondatecheg8
    hondatecheg8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

How long are you going to go without food? I'm assuming you're just not eating food...probably not the best idea.

I'm doing a 16/8 fast and it was my 4th day doing it I should of said it better.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I'm doing a 16/8 fast and it was my 4th day doing it I should of said it better.

That makes a world of difference :D I'm eating that way too. Maybe even closer to 18/6 - the hardcore version, which isn't hardcore at all. It's just an easy way to stick to an appropriate amount of food/calories, if that works for you. Keep in mind that you still have to make it work.