Why can't my body react too

Options
Hi,

Since having a bad water infection my body is reacting to certain foods in a bad way. Started with gluten, then lactose/A1 protein, rice, then broccilli, cauli, courgettes and now spinach.

Has you can imagine my diet is very limited which can get boring amazing what you can do with aubergine, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, tomato and peppers. Try to limit potatoes.

But wish my body would react the same to things that are bad for me instead chocolate, gluten free products etc. Can be annoying.

Replies

• runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Okay, so gluten, mainly dairy free and a short list of veg that you can't eat.

So beans/meat fish/coconut / quinoa are all good with lots and lots of veg? Green beans, mange touted, squash in all its lovely forms ( you may not be okay here if you struggle with courgettes), lots of root veg like turnip, celariac, etc... I'm guessing you're Europe based, so may not be able to find spaghetti squash, but it worth looking for.

I'd look up some of the paleo web sites for ideas- you won't be able to eat everything but should give you some ideas.

I'd also look up some vegan dairy alternatives. There are lots that are nut based.

Which meals are you struggling with?

Breakfast - gluten free oats + fruit and seeds, make with water or nut based milk. Or eggs, I make them up in advance with veggies and bring them to work.

Snacks : veggies and hummus, savoury flap jacks - you may need to play with making them with coconut oil.

Lunch / Dinner I eat meat/ fish beans/ eggs with veg and just mix up what I have. If you want more carbs try sweet potatoes, parsnips, butter nut squash. Or serve with beans / quinoa/ other gluten free grains.

Have you tried gram flour, chickpea flour- can make pancakes and other things with it.

Hope this gives you done ideas.
  • wendypark811
    wendypark811 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My trainer has me on a strick low carb diet so also watch that carefully. It was more a case of wishing my body would not like chocolate or the bad things so I would not be able to eat them haha.

FODMAP diet is not bad can live with it.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    There are a couple other things to try you just have to go in with an open mind. Have you ever tried goat meat or goat dairy products? Sheep meat or sheep dairy? I had never considered them until a co-worker brought in some fresh goat and sheep steaks. Now we have a goat and sheep farm. My family now prefers goat meat to any other type of meat. We don't even buy beef any more.

Another thing to consider is by restricting certain foods for extended periods of time when you consume those foods again your body sometimes has a reaction to it. I changed my diet for about six months to train for a race. I cut out all dairy and all breads for six months. I lost a ton of weight and was feeling great. The first time I had a cheat day after finishing my race I had pizza. I was sick for two days. After slowly introducing minimal amounts of dairy and bread back into my diet my body stopped reacting to it.

Not saying that what happened to me is happening to you but this was just my experience. The body is both amazing and confusing.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you have A2 milk and yogurt where you live? Can you have that with no side effects? I've zoned in on dairy because that's probably the one thing i couldnt give up.
    j10nwa0dsxos.jpg4vv0cvyy8b2k.jpgnx45plm8527v.jpg

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is not bad. I suppose if you eat milk or white chocolate which has tons of sugar it's not that good. But dark chocolate...the cocoa within it lower blood pressure and reduce the stress hormone cortisol which actually helps with weight loss.
  • my_akownt
    my_akownt Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Drop the idea that there are "good" and "bad" foods. There are just good/bad relationships to food and inappropriate portions.

What? There are clearly good and bad foods.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    my_akownt wrote: »

Drop the idea that there are "good" and "bad" foods. There are just good/bad relationships to food and inappropriate portions.

Barring trans fats, there really isn't.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Within the context of an overall balanced diet, no there aren't good and bad foods. The guilt and shame that comes from eating something that's been labeled as bad can be more damaging.

OP, does your trainer have education in nutrition? My trainer refuses to give nutritional advice (not that I asked for it) because he doesn't have additional education. He also gets extremely frustrated with other trainers giving nutritional advice when they don't have the education. More often than not the advice they give is based on broscience rather than actual science.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Since having a bad water infection my body is reacting to certain foods in a bad way. Started with gluten, then lactose/A1 protein, rice, then broccilli, cauli, courgettes and now spinach.

Has you can imagine my diet is very limited which can get boring amazing what you can do with aubergine, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, tomato and peppers. Try to limit potatoes.

But wish my body would react the same to things that are bad for me instead chocolate, gluten free products etc. Can be annoying.

what is a water infection?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Hi,

Bladder infection? Kidney infection?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

If by bad foods you mean liver and onions[/quote]

Blasphemy!!!!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Hi,

oh ok never heard it called that before
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

bad foods are only those that you have an intolerance to or allergic too. otherwise food is food, and its fuel for your body.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Hi,

oh ok never heard it called that before

Me neither lol Just guessing what it may mean.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

I just ate ice cream. It helped reach some goals- I needed a little more protein and calcium. It has sugar, but it also has things I needed in an enjoyable form.