Should I Workout In The Morning Before I Eat?

Options
I am currently doing Insanity and the workout that I missed today (max plyo interval) I will do in the morning tomorrow! Do you recomend eating something before working out or just drinking a glass of water and going straight into the workout?
Which would be more beneficial for fat loss?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein based meal after workout gives the best results! Don't forget to re-hydrate as well!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I never eat before a workout. But some people feel faint and run out of energy if they don't.

You gotta try it and see how you feel.

I've read that exercising in a fasted state uses fat sooner, rather than the food in your stomach.........

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I lose more when I workout before breakfast, but if it gets tiring or makes you feel lightheaded then you might want to eat something at least.
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    you have to eat before you work out, it gives your body the energy it needs to get the most out of a workout and rev your metabolism to the max. Just don't eat a lot - a banana or toast with a little peanut butter (and i mean a LITTLE) is really all you need. You don't go 8 hours throughout the day without eating and then try to work out, you shouldn't do it at the beginning of the day either. Dont worry about your body burning off the food in your stomach before it burns your fat reserves - you wont digest it that fast!
  • aarn6911
    aarn6911 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity as well and I could never do one of those workouts without a little something in my tummy for fuel, but its your choice. Do you have any protein powder that you could sip while doing the workout? If not maybe just a spoonful of PB or something little before?

Good Luck! :happy:
  • cblackb
    cblackb Posts: 4
    Options
    To me that is the best time. Don't really have time when I get home from work:flowerforyou: :
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I always workout on an empty stomach. I drink 24 - 36 oz of water during the run and always have a good breakfast after.
    Hope this helps!